GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered My GTI

mongo1

Ready to race!
For me, it's going to be the Carbon Grey. I'm not a white car guy, the black is too severe for me, and going with the red means losing the dramatic contrast from the red trim on the nose. Kind of only leaves the grey... I really wanted that awesome graphite blue that the swanky Euros get. Alas, we poor Colonists aren't cultured enough. :)

Alex.

Ready to race!
I like the red, I am just afraid I will be tired of it after a few years. White is white... how can you go wrong.

Very nice. I was having second thoughts about not getting white isntead , but your pics make me feel alot better about my choice.

It is a kick ass color - no doubt. Saw it at Waterfest and you will definitely be happy with Carbon Steel. I prefer the Candy White personally but they're both killer on the MK6.

Anybody knows what the difference of the

PZEV DSG
or
FEDERAL DSG

It depends on what state you live in. CA, MA, ME, NY, OR, VT I believe are the CARB/air quality nazi quintet (same arseholes that tried to kill diesels in the US for years). If you live in those states, you must get the PZEV vehicles (Partial Zero Emmissions Vehicles). If you live in a neighboring state, you can get PZEV (for registration purposes, etc.) or the Federal. If you don't live in one of those states, then you have to get the Federal. Confused yet? :lol: Real world example - I ordered my GTI from TurboPaul off vwvortex. His dealership is in New Jersey. I live in Maryland. He's in a border state, so in Jersey you can order either a PZEV or Federal. But since I don't live in a CARB regulated state, he ordered the GTI 2 door manual base = Federal version for me. BTW - sorry, too many acronyms. CARB = California Air Resources Board. The Gestapo which runs California emissions controls. Since CA = biggest US car market, they used to be able to dictate to manufacturers what they could and couldn't bring to the US.

Good news is the practical difference now = zip. Back in the days when CA emissions cars were siginificantly different that Federal emissions standards, it made a difference. Now, every GTI will get 200 bhp/207 ft/lb of torque rated regardless of what emissions package it is. Mileage is identical too. Go figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZEV

Last edited:

sphereman

Just got upgraded to:

Production stock
36/2009 08/31/2009

:):happyanim:

Mid October looks like:w00t:

Here is what it looks like - check out the dates and info:

sphereman

So launch cars should arrive in mid October and custom orders mid November?

Well it's kinda weird cause mine is a custom order and not a launch car and originally I was promised December and all of a sudden it's coming October 12.

Weird stuff but no complains here LOL
:p:clap: