GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Line rattle

lemarin

Ready to race!
Any R owner with this problem here ? It's a very loud rattle, mostly when the car is idling, and it comes from under the floor, between the passenger front seat and the front fender.

I looked here and there, and found that there's a DIY for many MK5/MK6 Golf to fix this one. Since my car don't have reach 20000 km yet, I'll bring her to the dealer to have them fix it.

Any other owner ?

TEFF

godfather
Had the same issue with my '07 Audi S3.
The sound comes from underneath the car right side. You need to remove the long undertray under the car (passenger side), and there you will see the fuel lines fixed with something like a polyurethane sponge that sometimes doesn't stay foxed on the car floor properly. It is located near front right wheel.

Sorry for bad explanations, but that's how i solved the same issue

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
search for this on GOLFMKV.com. There is a nice DIY there that is a simple 5 minute fix. Basically pull that huge panel under car, pack something around the rattling fuel lines and reinstall cover. Easy fix and you will be 1,000x happier without that rattle!

lemarin

Ready to race!
So far I just took an appointment with my local dealer, anyway rattles are covered under warranty (1 year/20000 km). But I was just wondering if any other Golf R owner, had the same.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
OP, I had the fuel line rattle on my 2011 Golf R. Annoying sound would sometimes come from behind the glove box only at idle, mostly in cold morning starts after initial warm-up. First I thought it were these damn little gremlins living in my glove box but TEFF pointed me to the fix :)
Anyway your dealer should have it fixed easily:thumbsup: