GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheels

jb1209

Anybody have suggestions for aftermarket or OEM wheels for a GTI? Not too big into the "Euro" look most people like but I'm open to pretty much anything. 18s or 19s please. :thumbup:

jb1209

or

zrickety

The Fixer
Well I would go lightweight...detroits are 29 lbs each unsprung weight, for example I got TSW Interlagos at 18 lbs each. Made a huge difference.

jb1209

thanks for the suggestion! right now i'm looking at a set of VMR's, either V710's or V804s. also not sure if i should go with 18's or 19's, any suggestions in that department?

clownish

just clowning around
Never heard that new mesh look called the euro look. I'm a simple 5 - 7 spoke kinda person myself.

VMR 810s I like more from an aesthetic point of view.

Nuespeed has some nice lightweight stuff. If you're into stancy wheels there's a lot of brands, but for reasonable cheap cast wheels VMR, Neuspeed, TSW etc. are all good calls. I've been eyeing Volk wheels for a while but they're 3x the cost. Or ADV1s @ 4x the cost.

18s are easier to fit/can get a bigger tire on there. Something like 18x8.5 or 8, et 45 is pretty standard for aftermarket wheels. I have multiple sets of 19s and have done a lot of bodywork/suspension to fit them with slightly upsized tires - 235/35s or so. Really depends on your suspension - if lowered or not; camber; stiffness etc. 19s will ride harsher. I like the look of a slightly oversized wheel - some people like the hardparked stance look. It's all personal taste really.

zrickety

The Fixer
I have 18's and they still ride a little harsh...you might consider 17's, that's my next set.

jkells

Ready to race!
Anybody have suggestions for aftermarket or OEM wheels for a GTI? Not too big into the "Euro" look most people like but I'm open to pretty much anything. 18s or 19s please. [emoji106]
I would stick with 18s. If you lower at all, even 18s are cutting it close

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

jb1209

so, my 18" wheel dudes, this guy with the EXACT same car as me says "My ride improved when I went with 19s! I also upgraded to better softer tires. Night and Day improvement!". thoughts? anybody have experience with 19s on their GTI?