GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
People didn't see me when I was driving my giant white-and-chrome 4-door, 4wd, full-size pickup truck.

As a LONGTIME rider (I started racing MX when I was ~12, MSF course and first street bike at 16, raced pro for several years in my 20s, and I turn 40 this year)... even I don't ride anymore. Too f*cking scary out there.

If you must ride - take the MSF course (Motorcycle Safety Foundation.) It's *excellent*.

I WILL say, having been a rider for so long... it's made me a better car driver. #headonaswivel

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Me literally Monday when it hit 60 here.... ugh. Then it was 20 the following morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
kind of want to learn to ride a motorcycle . but crappy drivers everywhere on roads now.

#texting #stupidaf

Not worth it. Maybe it's safer out in Iowa where you live though.

It's super easy honestly, easier if you already understand the basics of a manual trans. I love riding, miss that old r6 so bad sometimes.

R6? Weak.

Had them on since valentine's day lol

Nobody likes you.

ive been using summers all the time :iono:

Nobody likes you either.

^ Every so often I get the same way. But then realize how dangerous it can be and how much I hate hospitals.

Yup. Not worth it.

i want to learn too. but then i remember seeing a shattered leg that needed to be amputated, made me think twice

See above.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It's super easy honestly, easier if you already understand the basics of a manual trans. I love riding, miss that old r6 so bad sometimes.

this^, CBR600RR for me. Lawd.

People didn't see me when I was driving my giant white-and-chrome 4-door, 4wd, full-size pickup truck.

As a LONGTIME rider (I started racing MX when I was ~12, MSF course and first street bike at 16, raced pro for several years in my 20s, and I turn 40 this year)... even I don't ride anymore. Too f*cking scary out there.

If you must ride - take the MSF course (Motorcycle Safety Foundation.) It's *excellent*.

I WILL say, having been a rider for so long... it's made me a better car driver. #headonaswivel

this^ like hockey, head on a swivel, pretend everyone is out to get you.

MSF is free or like $20, right? otherwise, www.ridechicago.com is a great program, which is what i did. its not cheap, but it seemed like they covered a lot more than what I've heard from people who just did the MSF/state stuff.

Jaber

Modero
Jawns got a pretty nice bike, heard he's laid down some serious miles on it last year too.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
R6? Weak.

oh wow. says the guy who "did a track day" without wearing a helmet :iono: :wub: those bikes were fast even back then, about 3.5 seconds to 60, if not faster.

Jawns got a pretty nice bike, heard he's laid down some serious miles on it last year too.

700 last year , iirc

^

best eastern euro bro guy ever. #3series #goldchains #tanleather #faketans

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
R6? Weak.

LOL.

My R6 tried to kill me many times. And carried me to a lot of wins, even in the "Open" classes against liter bikes...

this^ like hockey, head on a swivel, pretend everyone is out to get you.

MSF is free or like $20, right? otherwise, www.ridechicago.com is a great program, which is what i did. its not cheap, but it seemed like they covered a lot more than what I've heard from people who just did the MSF/state stuff.

Yep.

MSF was a $20 donation. You paid the $20 when you registered, and at the end of the class, they gave you the option of either (a) a refund or (b) let them keep the 20 bucks and they'd give you a T-shirt.

I'd already been riding (competitively) for 4 years or so by the time I took the MSF course. I still learned a LOT from it. Bonus: pass the MSF course, and you don't have to take the stupid test at the DMV.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I know I'm just teasing. Sport bikes are kind of stupid on the street at this point. If I got a motorcycle now it'd probably be a supermoto for agility and accident avoidance.

Oh GOD yeah. I have that convo with my old riding buddies all the time.

Terrifying how fast bikes have become.

My first street bike was a 1990 CBR600F. Might've been 80hp, and probably 500lbs. Scared myself many times. When the 900RR came out, it was regarded as a "death machine", only for really experienced riders. Guys who bought them back in 1993-1994 were revered as having huge balls. Aggressive chassis geometry, 450lbs and 120hp. My buddy had a 1994 (white/black/red, LOVED that bike!) and I remember being amazed at how responsive it was. Merely THINK "turn right" and it would turn. Everything I'd ridden until then, you had to MAKE it turn.

Today, people still consider the 600 to be the "entry level".... 360lbs, 120hp, FAR more aggressive chassis geometry than the old 900RR. The 900RR feels like a sluggish turd by comparison to a new 600.

Last R1 I rode was a ~2004... and it honestly scared me... and it was only ~140hp. The new ZX-10s are 200hp now, with all kinds of electronic nannies. Nucking futs.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
So hot. Much want, even after all these years.

Someday maybe I'll start a bike collection. It'll have a first gen 900RR in it, a 96-98 ZX-7RR, and a 94 RC45. Got a thing for twin headlights.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Just signed up for a last minute AX this weekend. Driving up to Hershey Park, PA for the first race of the year!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
LOL.

My R6 tried to kill me many times. And carried me to a lot of wins, even in the "Open" classes against liter bikes...

Yep.

MSF was a $20 donation. You paid the $20 when you registered, and at the end of the class, they gave you the option of either (a) a refund or (b) let them keep the 20 bucks and they'd give you a T-shirt.

I'd already been riding (competitively) for 4 years or so by the time I took the MSF course. I still learned a LOT from it. Bonus: pass the MSF course, and you don't have to take the stupid test at the DMV.
oh wow that photo awesome
Oh GOD yeah. I have that convo with my old riding buddies all the time.

Terrifying how fast bikes have become.

My first street bike was a 1990 CBR600F. Might've been 80hp, and probably 500lbs. Scared myself many times. When the 900RR came out, it was regarded as a "death machine", only for really experienced riders. Guys who bought them back in 1993-1994 were revered as having huge balls. Aggressive chassis geometry, 450lbs and 120hp. My buddy had a 1994 (white/black/red, LOVED that bike!) and I remember being amazed at how responsive it was. Merely THINK "turn right" and it would turn. Everything I'd ridden until then, you had to MAKE it turn.

Today, people still consider the 600 to be the "entry level".... 360lbs, 120hp, FAR more aggressive chassis geometry than the old 900RR. The 900RR feels like a sluggish turd by comparison to a new 600.

Last R1 I rode was a ~2004... and it honestly scared me... and it was only ~140hp. The new ZX-10s are 200hp now, with all kinds of electronic nannies. Nucking futs.

oh wow.

Automatic transmissions on new bikes are pretty intriguing

Status
Not open for further replies.