GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
That's pretty subjective. What's right to you might be very wrong to someone else. There's nothing wrong with the IS38 upgrade. Especially on a GTI with front wheel drive. More power doesn't necessarily mean more speed in most situations. What's fast enough for one person might be slow for another. The cost to hp ratio and financial responsibilities for one person might be very different than what another may think is very reasonable. Different strokes for different folks, financial abilities, and family situations. Lamb had a stage 3 MK6 R and got burned. Doubt he's really eager to go down that rabbit hole again.

So we both have opinions, but mines no good :rolleyes: Go find a hobby.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I stomped an older ZX-6 from a dig with my Z06 years ago.

It can be done.

Depending on the bike, you can probably walk one from higher up, too... bikes have the aerodynamics of a brick above 75-80...

I hear ya, I've seen bikes get pulled many times. Especially the 600's, I'd be worried about litre bikes.

A lot of that is driver mod on the account of the bike rider. Launching them to get the magazine test numbers takes practice and skill and probably some careful adjustments to the rear shock so it doesn't wheelie like a mofo.

Ding ding ding

The bike might be fast, but the rider won't be ;)

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Way more impressive than the 10.3 mk7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Nothing like revving to like 16k, lawd. right around 10k, it would start to open up and then just keep going.. lawd.. bonerz4lyfe.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
paging Lamb....

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
ChiChat16: Bart Joins Forum Very Confused - Balls Tingling From Motorcycles

So the guy paid $300 to go freeway speeds?

$300? It's like $20 to do a test and tune night at the drag strip for a couple runs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.