GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
can anyone explain the benefits of motor and trans mounts to me?

Lessens the amount of movement in the engine and transmission which is allowed for comfort and less NVH from the factory but at the cost of less traction. Factory mounts are the reason you get wheel hop

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
can anyone explain the benefits of motor and trans mounts to me?

Open your hood and grab the engine and shake it. Seems like it will fall out... All of that equates to drivetrain slop and wheel hop. Making the engine and trans not move will help put power to the wheels and make for a much much crisper shift while getting rid of a lot of wheel hop as well.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Open your hood and grab the engine and shake it. Seems like it will fall out... All of that equates to drivetrain slop and wheel hop. Making the engine and trans not move will help put power to the wheels and make for a much much crisper shift while getting rid of a lot of wheel hop as well.

I haven't had a real issue w wheel hop, at least not like my mk6 had but good to know.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
^ what sanderz said.

I drove another gti with stock mounts recently and forgot what wheel hop felt like. Such a god awful feeling.

I'd like to do mounts eventually and feel stage 2 at its true potential

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Do you have good tires? Before I modded my car a lot I never really noticed the wheel hop either until I got good sticky tires. Got a lot worse as I added more power.

I have the stock Bridgestone S001s that came w the car. They aren't the best, but aren't terrible. We're over 350 at the wheels now so I don't think I'll be adding much more at this point.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Oh wow yeah

I had a live journal, yeah.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have the stock Bridgestone S001s that came w the car. They aren't the best, but aren't terrible. We're over 350 at the wheels now so I don't think I'll be adding much more at this point.

If you're Dsg, do the dogbone mount for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.