GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
slow afternoon at work today. Ordered the rest of the hardware I need to complete the rear subframe this winter. Just waiting on the camber plates to come in and then I can start installing stuff.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
slow afternoon at work today. Ordered the rest of the hardware I need to complete the rear subframe this winter. Just waiting on the camber plates to come in and then I can start installing stuff.

I have only just started.

Picked up a new hatch on my way in this morning (was shipped to a buddy's chop-shop from someplace up in WI.) Factory rear wing motor/bracket apparently arrived today, per wife's notification "The UPS man was here. Again."

Mass disassembly likely to start this weekend. I'm thinking if I can get the shocks and control arms out and boxed up for shipping Monday, I'll be in good shape. Unfortunately to get the rear shocks out, I need to pull the rear trim. But the rollbar is in the way. In order to pull the rollbar, I have to pull the seats.

Might try to order the caliper rebuild kit tomorrow or next week - if I can get that stuff in time for the holiday weekend, then I can burn that time installing the hatch and rebuilding the brake calipers. Was going to send them off to have a place do them - but I was thinking it'd only be a few bucks/caliper. They want $120/caliper to rebuild.... LOL no thanks I'll make a mess in my garage.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I have only just started.

Picked up a new hatch on my way in this morning (was shipped to a buddy's chop-shop from someplace up in WI.) Factory rear wing motor/bracket apparently arrived today, per wife's notification "The UPS man was here. Again."

Mass disassembly likely to start this weekend. I'm thinking if I can get the shocks and control arms out and boxed up for shipping Monday, I'll be in good shape. Unfortunately to get the rear shocks out, I need to pull the rear trim. But the rollbar is in the way. In order to pull the rollbar, I have to pull the seats.

Might try to order the caliper rebuild kit tomorrow or next week - if I can get that stuff in time for the holiday weekend, then I can burn that time installing the hatch and rebuilding the brake calipers. Was going to send them off to have a place do them - but I was thinking it'd only be a few bucks/caliper. They want $120/caliper to rebuild.... LOL no thanks I'll make a mess in my garage.

sounds about right, nothing is easy. Especially on your car :lol:

That sounds incredibly expensive for caliper re builds. Considering how easy it is to do once the caliper is off. Plenty of shop towels!

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
sounds about right, nothing is easy. Especially on your car :lol:

That sounds incredibly expensive for caliper re builds. Considering how easy it is to do once the caliper is off. Plenty of shop towels!

They're kind of a pain since they're 4-piston.... just have to be careful when using air to blow the pistons out. But yeah it's expensive.

I *might* have considered it, if they *also* included re-powdercoating, since my nice red calipers are now purple due to heat. But they don't.

Rebuild kits ordered. $700. :(

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Now the question is.... do I have enough SRF left over in the bottle to be able to top up the reservoir after I leak some while doing the rebuild?

Jaber

Modero
slow day in here. What's everyone doing this weekend?

Got a wedding tomorrow evening, but really wish I could stay home and just relax. At some point this weekend, have to change the oil in the GTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.