GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Mk6 Gti vs Kia Optima

GTmyI

Ready to race!
The lx is non turbo 2.4l

The 2.0T is a torque monster and will more than likely smash a gti at any speed. Plus they run on 87!

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

What? You got to be kidding me! They are "quick" but not a torque monster lol

They still only run the same 0-60 and quarter mile time with GTI

amirmk6

Ready to race!
I don't think they have released a tune for it yet. He told me he researched after being "humiliated by such an embarrassing loss"

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Why is the downpipe so cheap?

That's how much a piece of metal tube should cost. In fact, I just bought a DP for my Miata for $70. The GTI ones are vastly inflated becauseracecar/fanbois.

Aren't Hyundai/Kia's power numbers way inflated/overrated?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Why is the downpipe so cheap?

Because we are getting raped for most of the aftermarket parts on our cars. Also there is no cat on that downpipe.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Its all about power to weight ratio. A MkVI GTI only weighs about 3100 lbs as a 5 door w/ DSG. APR stage 2 tune w/ downpipe and intake, you should be making 273hp/300tq on 93 Oct according to APR. Vs a 2012 Optima turbo for instance that weighs 3400lbs at least and 274hp/269tq. 300lbs difference is no joke and the GTI would has more torque, plus DSG shifts faster than anything a Kia can throw at it. True Stage 2 MkVI GTI (any trim level) > stock Kia Optima Turbo. EASY.

For reference: http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

ClintBeastw00d

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I raced a 2.0T Optima from a dig the other day. I'm completely stock mechanically (MKVI DSG GTI) and it wasn't even close. I went from a 0 to about 120 and he was way behind, I let off, we slowed down and then did a 60 start. That was even worse for him, no contest.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
No ECU tune? Well then... :iono:

Get on that. Why would you have done exhaust and intake, but no tune? Ask anyone with one of these. Tune is best to do first unless you're going K04.