GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio intake questions

XZT123

Ready to race!
I installed the Carbonio intake this weekend... have a few questions.

1. The intake must be rubbing my brake line, I feel vibrations through the brake pedal which are surprisingly very annoying. I searched and saw modshack made a metal piece that he sells to hold the carbonio up. Any simple solutions from the hardware store etc? I don't want to have to order something... I can look at this myself more, but if you have already done it let me know.

2. I can hear the diverter valve really well now. But, I also often, but not always, under semi-hard to hard acceleration hear a high pitch note come from somewhere. It is a different noise then the spooling noise I am used to from the turbo. It sounds like a high pitch note on a keyboard that is short. Could this be an air leak? Diverter valve failure? Normal sound? Some sort of normal resonance?

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
1. Just go to Lowes and get all the hardwares, you need a 1.25" or 1.5" screw, 1" spacer, velcro tape and metal bar. You can get those at the automotive section. That's what I did. I thought the most recent APR intakes come with the bracket? No?

2. Could be a wastegate rattle?

XZT123

Ready to race!
Thanks, I popped the hood and looked... There's no brake lines really nearby that I saw except the reservoir. Is that what causes the vibrations?? The other issue that might be is that the MAF sensor seems to be angled upwards more than I would like, maybe if I rotate it a bit that could help. I'm concerned the hood may be pushing it down in contact with the reservoir or something else..

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Mine was hitting the cap. It was a pain in the ass! Re adjusted it many time and over time it would rest against the cap again. Modshacks brace should help but I haven't tried it yet.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Mine was hitting the cap. It was a pain in the ass! Re adjusted it many time and over time it would rest against the cap again. Modshacks brace should help but I haven't tried it yet.

Just curious, have you checked if your MAF sensor connector is pointed upwards and do you think the hood could be pressing the intake against your cap? I'm going to loosen the two bands and rotate it when I get home I think.

My other huge concern while installing the intake was cracking the carbon fiber.. I didn't want to overtighten the bands.. I know carbon fiber is supposed to be strong but cracking seemed like a very real concern..

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
i had the same problem. the rubber coupler is causing the vibrations from your reservoir cap. i fixed this by loosening the stage 2 pipe, putting a rag,mf towel or whatever u have on top of the cap, then tighten everything else together so when u take out the rag/towel u should have a decent clearance. i also bought modshack intake support for insurance also, it does lift up the whole intake so it'll definitely help. i say just order it from modshack, its a good and simple piece and just to support our member =).

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
i also bought modshack intake support for insurance also, it does lift up the whole intake so it'll definitely help. i say just order it from modshack, its a good and simple piece and just to support our member =).

I've had about 3 dozen guys order the support kit and everyone says it helps.. Cheap enough at $16.50 shipped. PM me for details

Candy11

Ready to race!
Interested in answers to question 2. Mine does this as well. My car Is a cbfa. I thought was because of the air pump filter. It's not the waste gate rattle. It's a high pitched noise.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I installed the Carbonio intake this weekend... have a few questions.

1. The intake must be rubbing my brake line, I feel vibrations through the brake pedal which are surprisingly very annoying. I searched and saw modshack made a metal piece that he sells to hold the carbonio up. Any simple solutions from the hardware store etc? I don't want to have to order something... I can look at this myself more, but if you have already done it let me know.

2. I can hear the diverter valve really well now. But, I also often, but not always, under semi-hard to hard acceleration hear a high pitch note come from somewhere. It is a different noise then the spooling noise I am used to from the turbo. It sounds like a high pitch note on a keyboard that is short. Could this be an air leak? Diverter valve failure? Normal sound? Some sort of normal resonance?
The sound is normal & went away after I went stg.2 also the K04 sits a tad higher. I haven't had any issues with fit since I installed mine though.

Airforce131

Ready to race!
Order modshacks bracket....problem solved. It looks professional and will solve your problem. Well worth 17 bucks.