GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

• I have the Autobahn package and I would do it again.

Votes: 95 43.6%
  • I have the Autobahn package and I would NOT do it again.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I don't have the Autobahn, but would have added it if i could($$/availability).

Votes: 42 19.3%
  • I was never interested in the Autobahn package.

Votes: 78 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

misaka

Ready to race!
It's not that it's not worth the price by itself, it's more of the price range it gets into. Especially if you're not interested in the MK7

I looked at a 4 door autobahn DSG before, and that's 32,095.

The Audi A3 Premium plus DSG front wheel drive is 30,750, granted you need to add 1100 for a panoramic sunroof, and 2000$ for navigation, But it's almost the same price.

If you wanted AWD the premium plus model is 32850 in DSG. If you are a MT person they have the MT models for less also, just trying to do an apples to apples comparison.

This is just my personal viewpoint. I'll probably be all over an S3 if it comes here, because while I love the GTI, it just has some fit and fitment issues which make it seem not worth it at the 30k-32k price range.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I say no. I mean it's about $6 or $7k more than base, which is about/close to 30%. Definitely not worth it when you consider it's the same car, same drivetrain, etc. Too close to Golf R prices to be worth it IMO. Will you mod your car? That makes it even less worth it, I think a K04'd Autobahn GTI will cost you more than a Stage 1 R... not worth it. I also love the plaid seats, like that base is lighter and simpler, like driving MT, etc. And the Serrons are hideous (subjective).

Like others have said, look to lightly used if you want an Autobahn, you'll take a bath on those depreciating options, or someone else could do it for you.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
I love my autobahn. It was between sunroof and nav for me but when i saw the little price difference to get kessy, leather and dynaudio i gave in as i wanted no regrets. I am very happy with the leather seats. It is up to your personality and must have features. I dont purchase base or stripped down cars.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The AB or premium package (R) are totally worth it, imho. Esp considering most Audi's don't even have the same equipment for under $40k.. trust me, I know! lol

hcappie

Passed Driver's Ed
I love my autobahn. It was between sunroof and nav for me but when i saw the little price difference to get kessy, leather and dynaudio i gave in as i wanted no regrets. I am very happy with the leather seats. It is up to your personality and must have features. I dont purchase base or stripped down cars.

^ I have to agree 100%. I came off an Audi A6. Downgrading is tough to do but I wanted new, not used or CPO. Had no intention of getting an Autobahn until I sat in it & drove it. I DO NOT REGRET IT FOR A MINUTE! Had I gone with a lesser packaged car I would be regretting it every day. It's not just the driving dynamics that make the car, it's the overall package and what feels good to you. For me it was the Autobahn, no less.

faseljd

If you can afford it go for it.The headlights are too cool, thus the aftermarket copies. I love mine.Like the sunroof, nav is good too, better than tacking something on later. Leather seats look so much classier than grandpas flannel shirt material. Kessy is awesome,stereo is great unless you want to be that boom boom guy sitting at a light with your ball cap on sideways. Detroits are dated, Serrons look more modern. Hec, everything is subjective to ones own taste, just get what you like and can afford and enjoy. My opinions are just mine, and shouldnt really mean anything in your decision.

techchallenger

Passed Driver's Ed
It's worth it in a year old used CPO since the options depreciate so fast. The leather, moonroof, xenons, touchscreen, etc gets tons of compliments.

Not so sure about new. The cloth is very love it or hate it.

^ This is my answer as well. Also, like Gunkata said, the technology and features compare favorably to an A3 for a much better price.

blitzoid

Passed Driver's Ed
^ This is my answer as well. Also, like Gunkata said, the technology and features compare favorably to an A3 for a much better price.

Bought my autobahn used for ~20,250, 1 year old, 20k miles, non-CPO. Def. worth it at that price, but agree - new, it's a bit touch-and-go.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

favorably? it destroys it! ;)

I bought the A3 as a CPO with about 8500 miles on it. The sticker was still in the car and it went for $37K+... and, it did not having the following items/comparable items from the AB GTI:

1. Sport seats - came with leather, but pretty bad ones

2. Nav

3. Premium Sound System - base setup seems better than the base stuff in VW's though, but not as good as the AB/Dynaudio.. close.

4. Kessy / push button start

5. AFS/Cornering lights, just the xenons (but has the LED's of course)

6. rear AC vents - I was like, wut?

So yeah, lots of things the AB GTI gets for $31-$32K MSRP compared to even my "premium plus" A3 that stickered for $37K+ and came with "panoramic roof/sky package" and climatronic.. whoopdie doo! lol..

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'd go Autobahn but only CPO so at least you save money and still get a longer warranty.

Win win.

New? Forget about it, just get the Golf R and call it a day.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Autobanh package is definitely cool if it fits your needs. I originally wanted the base model because I don't really care for navigation/leather seats/sunroof, but I really wanted the OEM HIDs w/LED & AFS, so I sprung for the Navi+Sunroof package. I actually really like the look and feel of the cloth seats. I had leather in my previous car before and overtime the butt wrinkles in the seat develops and ruins the look of the seat. In that respect, I kind of like leatherette from BMW...I've seen 6 yr old leathrettes that look pretty much like new, I know I know its fake leather.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Only thing I could justify from to an autobahn package would be the xenons. The rest seemed like extras I wouldn't need. Though I would wish the base GTIs and non leather trim models came with the same sport seats only with the plaid cloth.

A 2010 Xenon non sunroof manual car would probably be the configuration I would have chosen if I had a choice