GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf R Review in Automobile Mag

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Here in the UK we already have our grubby hands on customer MKVII R's.

The manifold is integrated into the head, which will prove hard to change for BT applications.

The R ECU is proving difficult to crack, but piggyback box units are available ( not something I'd do ) that give over 350bhp crank with no bolt-ons.

The Gen 5 Haldex also moves the game on with up to 100% torque to the rear possible ( should make the HPA Haldex an interesting project! )

Weight is a good 60-80kg lighter than an equivalent MKVI R.

Does 13.2 stock with DSG on the 1/4 mile sprint.

:thumbup:

Gen 4 haldex could transfer 100% torque to the rear wheels, too. Only 50% power, though, because the front is the primary drive shaft (same as gen 5). Gen 5 reacts more quickly to front slippage and works with the abs module to brake the front wheels in case they're slipping therefore forcing more torque to the rear wheels.

Kinda shitty to hear about the integrated head though. At least it's already a k04, right?

butchered by autocorrecr

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
It isn't a K04 turbo on the R it is a reworked version of the IHI turbo on the MKVII GTI. think of it as IHI's version of a K04. Not seen a comp wheel on one yet, but it is supposed to be slightly larger than a K04 from the rumour grapevine.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
385bhp at the crank with a tune box, intake and exhaust.

When the ECU is cracked I'll place my bet now that stage 2 is over 400bhp.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
That's awesome. Yeah I think the IHI on the GTI is a k03 internally but because of the integrated exhaust manifold the housing is a bit bigger than the off-the-shelf k03. Maybe something similar to the IHI "k04" in the R. Can't wait to get more info

butchered by autocorrecr