GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen Golf 2010 1.6 tdi

Tomstud12

Hello

I'm trying to connect my golf 2010 to an android radio. I just want to ask i have this Can bus ( Can-Bus ) and this radio ( Radio ) but rather than me have to snip all the wires and connect them separately.

Are there any plugs that i can connect to the radio and do the can-Bus adapter? I seen these but these are for pioneer ( Example )

One more question if i just get the canbus and snip the wires do i just leave the connector that plugs in to the vehicle and just snip all the ones plugging into the radio even the steering wheel buttons? Is the canbus not supposed to help send the code or something?

Or is there a simpler way?

Thanks

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
That is a can bus adapter/simulator cable in your first link, so you can use your new head unit plug the adapter, then plug the adapter to your car CAN. Steering wheel control should work, some android radios even have custom wheel button mapping.

So your only problem will be finding or making a dashboard trim to match the new radio outline.

Tomstud12

That is a can bus adapter/simulator cable in your first link, so you can use your new head unit plug the adapter, then plug the adapter to your car CAN. Steering wheel control should work, some android radios even have custom wheel button mapping.

So your only problem will be finding or making a dashboard trim to match the new radio outline.

I got the dashboard trim.

I just don't know how that adapter works i know the pig plug goes into the radio and than the other 2 small ones are the speakers and power that connect to the radio but than there is no other cable to connect to the Canbus box is that supposed to be connected

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the dashboard trim.

I just don't know how that adapter works i know the pig plug goes into the radio and than the other 2 small ones are the speakers and power that connect to the radio but than there is no other cable to connect to the Canbus box is that supposed to be connected

What connector available in your car? Have you tried the crutchfield.com compatibility tools?