GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those of you that need the iPod MDI TSB...

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I apologize in advance if the actual TSB number has been posted already, but I figure it'll be nice to be able to find the TSB in a thread dedicated to it in the first post.

This is for the issues listed in various threads of iPod playback skipping at the beginning of a song as well as the song title not updating in your radio display.

The TSB # is 2024337.

Got this done today during my 90-day checkup, and it works perfectly now. Get it done!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dang, I gotta get this done ASAP. thanks for posting

maluthug

Ready to race!
ah crap, i just got my 90 day inspection and i asked the dealer about updating my MDI and they said there was nothing.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
They told me the same thing - they hadn't heard of one. That's why I said I saw some info on it in the forums, and they looked it up and there it was.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
does this affect the ECU as far as a tune is concerned??

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
I have the same question, also those of us who have the usb cable, are there an update file we can download and load on our own?

McQueen77

Banned
Yes, I had this done at the dealer a few months back and it definitely improved iPod glitches. Nice one.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Is this just for the Premium VIII and the Nav stereo or the base as well. The iPod navigation on the base is almost unusable. I may go aftermarket if VW can't fix it.

BeauG

Ready to race!
I did this update on my own using the MDI to USB adapter and an SD card/reader. I am tuned and it had no affect on the tune, its an entirely different system anyway so there is no reason for it to affect a tune.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for posting the TSB Tetsui. I just had this done today. Drove around for about and hour and a half afterwards, and there's an improvement. Ipod song selection is faster, and it's not skipping after just playing a little bit of a song like it sometimes would in the past. Worth getting done.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
I have my car in for work right now @ the dealer...I added this to the list and asked him to do whatever was on the TSB. They've updated my firmware previously but the last one didn't fix this. I guess tonight I get to find out if this new TSB did (which he confirmed they DID do yesterday while working on the car).