GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Running change? (US 2013 MKVIs with dash cubby and knee airbag)

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I don't see anything in the photos that I don't have... and mine's a 2010?

you have the dash cubby?

the rollover year things is weird to me, i'm still trying to sort it all out. the only one i'm really familiar with is the '10 jettas that have the mkv body with an mkvi interiors. then they have the city jettas or something like that...weird way to try and go around doing a proper inventory so you know when to changeover production.

Travis.rudd

Ready to race!
I have the dash cubby but my side pocket looks different. It spans the whole bottom of the door with a bulge at the front. I'm assuming to hold a pop bottle or something

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I don't see anything in the photos that I don't have... and mine's a 2010?

Yeah, what are we supposed to be looking at in these pics? :confused:
Because aside from the car being a Golf rather than a GTI - I must be missing something.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yeah, what are we supposed to be looking at in these pics? :confused:
Because aside from the car being a Golf rather than a GTI - I must be missing something.

Look at the steering wheel picture, lower left side of the dash under the light switch. That dash cubby is a Euro option but was never offered in the states.

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
2013 golf tdi build date 6/12. Fully loaded.... No cubby

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Look at the steering wheel picture, lower left side of the dash under the light switch. That dash cubby is a Euro option but was never offered in the states.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I have the dash cubby but my side pocket looks different. It spans the whole bottom of the door with a bulge at the front. I'm assuming to hold a pop bottle or something

that's how mine is but i have a mkv. it works well for big mugs/canteens that don't fit the center cupholders. do you have pics of your cubby? does it look just like the one pictured above?

and probably the most important question: did you guys that have the cubby buy it new or is it a possibility that the previous owner installed it?

J3553

Passed Driver's Ed
i picked mine up today and i don't have a cubby hole. i want one. i feel like i paid for it. on top of that, my headlight switch is broken and the dead pedal is still wrapped in plastic because the dealership didn't prep it correctly. good start for this car.

J3553

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, removing the dead pedal wrap is the initiation into the clan of mk6 ownership! :laugh:

You might want to double-check your front springs to see if the shipping spacers are still installed (mine were).

i was at a VW meet tonight and i started to peel it off and was having a hell of a time. a couple guys told me to stop because it was wrapped all the way to the back and it should have been removed at the dealership as part of their prep.

the car had 130 miles on it. i did a little research and it seemed that wasn't extremely high mileage for a new car, but now i think i received a demo and they didn't tell me.

Boomers

Ready to race!
This would actually be pretty useful as i'm always looking for a place to dump my change. If I ordered the correct part is it a direct bolt-on, no hacking anything?

idriveastick

Ready to race!
Yeah, I was researching the cubby and how to retrofit it after I bought my '13. Then, about four weeks after owning the car, I saw it and opened it. I was astounded. I kept reading that the US cars didn't have this due to the whole knee/airbag/sliding under the dash in a crash deal, so I never bothered to look. Meanwhile, I drive the damn thing every day. Not one of my smartest moments on this planet.

I guess not everything on the internet is true...

...."he's a French model"

Edit to add: I think my build date is either January 2013, or March 2013--can't remember off the top. Either way, I know it's an early 2013 model. I bought it end of April.