GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

JonnysChillCousin

Ready to race!

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Trying to decide if I should blow 1200 bucks on an IE intake manifold and Malone tune. Opinions?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
Have a bit of a dilemma and question for you guys, trying to figure something out and needed some second opinions.

Currently I am running the APR Carbonio CAI for the 2.5L — which you likely know relocates the air filter down below the drivers side foglight / grille area as shown in the picture below.

I also just purchased a Golf R front bumper in which the drivers side foglight / grille area has a GINORMOUS-ASS hole in the end plate (Piece 7) behind the grille for air to flow through on the very same side. Pictured below.

My concern is that the APR Carbonio filter is now actually set in a place where it might do more bad than good since the hole in the bumper is relatively close to the filter by being now even more vulnerable to rain and water leading to a chance of hydrolocking the motor.

Do you think this is a real concern or likelihood? I keep thinking that I should remove the APR Carbonio CAI and run a smaller short ram or something like that where it stays toward the top of the bay.

Thoughts, opinions?

somerset91

Ready to race!
Does piece 7 go behind piece 8 (the driver's side grill)?

From what I heard, as long as the water level is below the filter it should be fine. Regular rain won't be enough to cause the engine to hydro lock.

I live in Southern California and it's main benefit for me is not having to worry about things like that, having a winter setup, rust, etc. There is some kind of cover you can put over the air filter that can reduce your risk of hydrolocking.

JonnysChillCousin

Ready to race!
Do you think this is a real concern or likelihood? I keep thinking that I should remove the APR Carbonio CAI and run a smaller short ram or something like that where it stays toward the top of the bay.

Thoughts, opinions?

A concern? Possibly.

I would just sell the carbonio, and get a p-flo or any other short ram. They are all for sound anyways.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Thats the MK5 Thunderbunny Kit — really awesome and I do wish they made a kit for the MK6. The side skirts are interchangeable between the 5's and 6's.

It's clean as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dartregor

Ready to race!
New set up.

Id do a custom pain job on that baby. If it was me id do the while thing in black enamel and the brush the top face of the 2.5 with red enamel and maybe a red ring around the oil cap. Or instead of red silver.

It would improve that clean look i think.

VWLife

Hey guys,
I've got a 2013 Golf 2.5. I'm looking for the service/repair manual for it.
I'm trying to get the pin out for the 6 pin connector on my throttle body. I have an EPC code. Can't recall the number but it's throttle low voltage input.

I can't find the book anywhere. I tried Erwin and only came up with 4cyl.
If anyone has either a source for the book or the wiring info that'd be great.

So far I've identified 12v power, ground, and 5v power all on the harness side connector when it's unplugged from the throttle body. I plan to test in different throttle positions when it's connected once I know what's what.

Thanks guys,

VWLife
PS:. Stripped the tape off the wires. Anyone know which colour is which ?

Last edited: