GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

switching from liqui moly to motul this weekend

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Just curious if I should expect anything different. I never burned more than 1/4 of a qrt from one oil change at 5k changes but not sure if motul burns more than liqui moly. Had liqui moly for the last 15k for three oil changes.

Appreciate any feedback in advance, and if anyone has opinions on these two oils with your experience, let me know.

ken518

Passed Driver's Ed
Haven't tried LM, but used Motul for the last 40k miles and never had to top off between oil changes (5k intervals). This is on an engine with over 125k miles.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I never had to add oil with 5k changes on LM, now on Motul and have about 100miles, feels the same overall. Won't be able to tell the differences until it's changed again and I can either send it out for testing or look at the oil in my hands. I'll see if there are changes in burning through the life of this oil change, I doubt there will be a need to add with a 5k change, but who knows.

This used to happen to me with amsoil when I had a 3 series, had to add about 1/2 quart with 5-6k oil changes. Haven't experienced it with the gti yet, but it's a newer engine and runs tighter I believe.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Ran Motul specific and now x-cess. No topping up needed with 5k oil changes. The dealer castroil would burn off a pint or two in the same interval.

ken518

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually ran 10k with motul x-cess once and didn't notice any burn off at that interval either. From what I've heard, Motul and LM both perform really well for the 2.0tsi and it really just depends on preference.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I will say LM is crazy cheaper than Motul. So if I don't notice any difference I may switch back. I also need to get the Motul tested when I'm done with this change to see.