GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Is the maf calibration the same as the datalog refinement as that is an added charge?

Getting this to the UK...postage will be a pain.

Really fed up with the buckle/jerk when slowing down at roundabouts and quick accelerating.

jeez

Ready to race!
Is the maf calibration the same as the datalog refinement as that is an added charge?

Really fed up with the buckle/jerk when slowing down at roundabouts and quick accelerating.
Is that cause of the MAF? I have that too but it's getting better through the revisions.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Is that cause of the MAF? I have that too but it's getting better through the revisions.

The buckle at stop/low speed is from my APR tune. I want drivability back along with the power from my mods.

Is maf calibration come without needing to get the datalog refinement? Just want to clear this before i hit that buy button.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I've been waiting 1.5 weeks for some sort of response regarding my protune logs and some problems/stalling I've been having with multiple emails sent. It's a bit frustrating when there's responses on facebook and sales here but no responses to paying customers spending $300+.

i thought i was the only one, I've also experience my car stalling, DSG tho. and also feels like its going to stall when im coming to a stop the RPM would drop below 600RPM, ive been monitoring it and so far it hasn't stalled since the first time but the RPM would dip as low as 510RPM. strangely enough it doesn't happen when i flash COBB stage 2 STOCK maf file.

jeez

Ready to race!
Since I did it, I'll post it here. If you have VAGCOM do a DSG calibration! It helps with the car shaking a little more than normal at lights, reverse, and low speed creeping.

I have never stalled but I'm DSG.

I have also found that disconnecting the battery for 10 mins lets the car readapt somehow. Not sure exactly how or what.

Also not sure if supposed to do it after every tune flash.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

maf calibrations is free and included in the tune. You send a data log and they make sure you are getting proper readings from your maf and over all that the tune is generally "Safe"

Data log refinements is like a small version of a protune/custom map.. you will send in a data log and they will tweak it a little bit to try and get a little more power out of it. (it is not as thorough as a full custom/pro tune).

I did not do the refinements all though you can have them done whenever you want after the fact if you pay THE $50.

Fazj

You should be good. About the same mods I have, minus the Forge BOV. Good luck!

Thanks for the response! I have a few more questions if you don't mind.
1) How's your clutch holding up with the tune? I'm assuming you're on the stock clutch.
2) Do I NEED and intake? I know I definitely need the upgraded DV and I should get the R8 coil packs with spark plugs for a preventative issue. I don't want to get it all in one shot if I don't have to. But would an intake limit me drastically?
p.s. Winter is rolling around so it's not blistering hot or even above 50 degrees F so I don't think I'll be heat-soaking too bad on my school/work commute.

Thanks.

CHerna

Ready to race!
1) How's your clutch holding up with the tune? I'm assuming you're on the stock clutch.
2) Do I NEED and intake? I know I definitely need the upgraded DV and I should get the R8 coil packs with spark plugs for a preventative issue. I don't want to get it all in one shot if I don't have to. But would an intake limit me drastically?
p.s. Winter is rolling around so it's not blistering hot or even above 50 degrees F so I don't think I'll be heat-soaking too bad on my school/work commute.

Thanks.

Yes, I am on the stock clutch, it's holding fine. No slipping.. yet lol. The clutch is fairly new. It was replaced under warranty in the spring because the pressure plate took a shit. I mentioned to Stratified that I was on the stock clutch, so they tuned accordingly.

I don't think you need an intake. I know people have gotten away with the stage 1 intake, or drop in filters (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Intakes are mainly for woosh noises, which are always cool.

You definitely should do plugs and coils. Alex recommended I get a DV+ because all the OEM DV's leak.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Thanks.

Im DSG so cant answer about clutch.
You dont need a intake although im sure you will probably be missing out on 10-20 ponies. It wont limit you "drastically" imo.

Wonder if there will be a black friday deal....waiting till then to get my tune/ap :)
See above

I saw, it's prior to black Friday though, and just the "beginning" :)
I saw you saw above but i highly doubt they will go any cheaper on tunes but who knows.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I saw you saw above but i highly doubt they will go any cheaper on tunes but who knows.

Ya, I would expect other items on their store to go on sale but I wouldn't count on the ap/tune being cheaper.

Laimface

Ready to race!
I wouldn't count on the ap/tune being cheaper.

The picture says all COBB products are discounted, I'd assume that includes the AP. Regardless of discount, it's a steal anyway stop being a sissy and get it ordered! ;)