GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI VS Hyundai Genesis Coupe 0-200

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Was he manual or automatic? Those Hyundai coupes are pretty heavy for their size... good job! Wish it was that easy for us to find places to pull w/ people - too many mountains around, haha.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
hahah get a reflash and you will pull away from him :p

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
ya my best friend is getting the coupe. What he doesn't realize or just hopes isn't true is that with a chip and intake and exhaust the GTI will smoke his ass. All in good fun

On the other hand, the genesis coupe is right wheel drive - so he can have more ass-into-tree fun!

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
On the other hand, the genesis coupe is right wheel drive - so he can have more ass-into-tree fun!

:lol: car capable of donuts only?

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
idk.. they're only about 200 llbs more than the GTI which stand at 3000lbs already

are you positive it wasn't a 4 cylinder?

msm00b

Ready to race!
idk.. they're only about 200 llbs more than the GTI which stand at 3000lbs already

are you positive it wasn't a 4 cylinder?

My old man bought a 2010 3.8L V6 Genesis Coupe a few months before I bought my 2010 GTI. Stock vs stock his had a little more "umph" 0-15mph and 85mph+. Stock GTI felt like it has more torque and power btw 15-85, then it slightly fell behind. I now have stage 1 with intake, and while his still has a slight edge being RWD immediately at launch, I have significantly more available torque and "go" from 10mph all the way up past 120 and beyond.

The genesis coupe is pretty nice. It felt a little less responsive and nimble than the GTI, but I really enjoyed the rumble it's V6 engine let out (also liked the fact that it can run on regular unleaded). The GTI feels more polished, is nimble, gets better mileage, and feels more "mature". You can also put something that isn't a midget in the back seat.

Both are nice cars.

hppypnts

The 4cyl Genesis was definitely a let-down compared to the GTI. I didnt have a chance to drive the 6, the 6 also pushes the price out to mid-30s so not really fair to compare.

msm00b

Ready to race!
the 6 also pushes the price out to mid-30s so not really fair to compare.

No it doesn't, you need to recheck your facts. My pop bought his Grand Touring (i think that's what it's called) fully loaded manual 3.8 Genesis Coupe for 26k ... nearly the same price as my 2 door manual GTI + autobahn package. Granted, he got a pretty damn good deal ... but they're not that far off. Bumping from the 2.0 V4 to the 3.8 V8 adds 1500-2500k if i remember correctly, and the base price on the 2.0 coupe is similar to the base GTI. A fully loaded GTI with xenons 18s dynaudio and autobahn will cost you as much as a fully loaded 3.8 (minus the track model).

They're nearly the same price unless you get the track model of the coupe ... which is a terrible ride.

The jump from 2.0 Genesis to 3.8 semi-loaded is nowhere near as big as ... say ... the subie WRX base to STI.

Last edited: