GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scorpion TBE Installed/Thoughts

dafrogman

Hi Tamz273,

I'm looking to run the same exhaust+DP combo and a similar 2+ tune. Probably get my parts in next month, so your experience is of great interest to me. What other tough bits were there with the install aside from having to drop the shaft?. Were the install instructions with the Scorpion clear and did you figure out the rattle?. I was under the impression that the Scorpion TBE was designed to replace the stock unit without popping up CELs...

Was this your only mod or was there other stuff like an intake, intercooler or HPFP? Sorry about the bunch of questions, just want to know what I am in for so that I can book the right amount of lift time at my friends garage and figure out if my fuel system will handle more air and boost.

Regards,

Saimee

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Hi Tamz273,

I'm looking to run the same exhaust+DP combo and a similar 2+ tune. Probably get my parts in next month, so your experience is of great interest to me. What other tough bits were there with the install aside from having to drop the shaft?. Were the install instructions with the Scorpion clear and did you figure out the rattle?. I was under the impression that the Scorpion TBE was designed to replace the stock unit without popping up CELs...

Was this your only mod or was there other stuff like an intake, intercooler or HPFP? Sorry about the bunch of questions, just want to know what I am in for so that I can book the right amount of lift time at my friends garage and figure out if my fuel system will handle more air and boost.

Regards,

Saimee

Hey Saimee

We actually sold Tamz his exhaust. We also have great shipping rates to Asia. I just sent an Audi RS4 complete dual cat back exhaust to Japan for less than $400 via DHL Express 3 day delivery.

Right now we are 6 weeks out on all Golf R Scorpion exhaust that are not in stock. Aside from dropping the shaft and the stock exhaust and a little lubricant on the hangers that should be everything. Also for the record all turbo back exhausts or just downpipe installs that either cat less or come with high flow cats will cause the CEL light to come in with out getting a software upgrade or installing O2 Spacers. And Stage 2+ APR software consists of having a downpipe or turbo back exhaust installed with a high pressure fuel pump upgraded. Just a downpipe or turbo back exhaust is stage 2. :)

dafrogman

Hey Matt,

Many thanks for that info. It really helps my planning.

Sadly, I have already ordered the parts from Forge UK as I will probably be going over to UK and would bring them back with me. At the moment I am looking to run pretty much all Forge parts, TBE, Twintercooler and Twintake. A few weeks ago I spent a lazy Sunday putting in the Forge Catch Can and DV, but am still kinda looking around for an APR HPFP although it can be sourced locally. I know I'm not yet a client of yours, but do you guys have any idea if the Neuspeed Turbo Output pipe and charge pipe would fit the Twintercooler silicon piping?. I was just looking to complete the entire turbo-intercooler-throttle body piping upgrade as I would prefer to do it in one go.

I am also wondering whether to bother with the RS4 fuel regulator tweak with the APR Stage 2+ tune. Much appreciate your thoughts. Sorry to Tam for hijacking the thread.

Regards,

Saimee