GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI - Can we roll coal?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
If you are fueling so much you are rolling coal, it is time to upgrade your FI system to either a better turbo or a dual turbo. Diesels that roll coal are wasting 10-15 percent of their power in that soot that comes out of the tailpipe. If you are pushing 400 hp in an old 12V cummins, I guarantee with the upgrade to the Turbo, you'd be pushing near 450 at the end of the day, and not rolling coal either.

But hey, go roll your coal and get tickets. Its not like there isn't a smarter alternative to moar poooowwwwwweeeeeeerrrrrrr! You just have to fork over a bit more green stamps to get it.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
All you're doing is spewing a ridiculous amount of CO2 into the air and it makes you look like a dbag.

Actually, the smoke is NOT CO2, if it was it would be invisible and no big deal, since, you know, the life cycle of the planet is dependent on CO2.

The smoke is actually soot and raw fuel/debris. It's carcinogenic and very bad for you to breathe.

But you are right.,.....makes the owner look like a d-bag big time.

A ticket for what? Emissions? Greenhouse gases are all transparent.

For pollution. See, "greenhouse gases" are imaginary like the tooth fairy, but blowing thick black smoke out of your tailpipe is an actual fineable offense. It creates a traffic hazard with limited visibility and distraction, and of course, unlike "greenhouse gases" that black smoke is actually bad for people to breathe.

Morons who want to do this should go get a big RAM truck and put the "Hi, I have a small penis" smokestacks in the bed.

Be done with it and stop making the TDIs look bad.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you are fueling so much you are rolling coal, it is time to upgrade your FI system to either a better turbo or a dual turbo. Diesels that roll coal are wasting 10-15 percent of their power in that soot that comes out of the tailpipe. If you are pushing 400 hp in an old 12V cummins, I guarantee with the upgrade to the Turbo, you'd be pushing near 450 at the end of the day, and not rolling coal either.

But hey, go roll your coal and get tickets. Its not like there isn't a smarter alternative to moar poooowwwwwweeeeeeerrrrrrr! You just have to fork over a bit more green stamps to get it.

I do have a bigger turbo. A ported, extended tip S362 to be exact. Thats 6mm larger than stock, plus all of my other smoke reducing mods including W/M, bigger intercooler, charge pipes, intake horn, exhaust manifold, timing advances both dynamic and static...there is no way to completly clean up a 12V. I plan to do a cam and port the head someday which will help but it'll never run as clean as a EFI tuned truck. Its 100% mechanical. It cleans up under boost (waste gate set to 42psi) pretty well as is so I'm not loosing hardly anything out the exhaust

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Actually, the smoke is NOT CO2, if it was it would be invisible and no big deal, since, you know, the life cycle of the planet is dependent on CO2.

The smoke is actually soot and raw fuel/debris. It's carcinogenic and very bad for you to breathe.

But you are right.,.....makes the owner look like a d-bag big time.

For pollution. See, "greenhouse gases" are imaginary like the tooth fairy, but blowing thick black smoke out of your tailpipe is an actual fineable offense. It creates a traffic hazard with limited visibility and distraction, and of course, unlike "greenhouse gases" that black smoke is actually bad for people to breathe.

Morons who want to do this should go get a big RAM truck and put the "Hi, I have a small penis" smokestacks in the bed.

Be done with it and stop making the TDIs look bad.

You're right for the most part, most stacks, like dual exhaust one most GTIs are pointless and gay. On the other hand my single stack and the ones mounted on other none ricer diesels who really compete with there trucks is required for sled pulling. Exhaust exit must be upward facing (so if an exhaust wheel comes apart it isnt aimed dirsctly at the crowd. Thats why all pulling trucks and tractors have a stack (also equiped with crossed bolts in the down pipe in higher horspower classes to reduce the chance of a whole wheel coming out the exhaust)

zrickety

The Fixer
I've had a ticket for excessive smoke on a gas powered car, rolling coal is definitely NOT cool.