GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 TDI Tunes Thread

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
The engine has many limitations including injectors, turbo size, exhaust (cats), and maybe the DSG. Keeping all that stuff stock will still allow a remapping of more fuel and air per stroke which will make a little more power.

My highway cruising this week has proven to me a loss of 5-10 percent of fuel economy. Can VW have tuned more power onto this engine? Sure, but they were considering the wide gamut of buyers who want fuel economy to be better each year.

APR decided on midrange torque mapping and Revolution decided on top end HP. REVO probably feels a little faster in upper revs.

I definitely wouldn't take any of it too seriously because in the end both tunes are still slow compared to an actual fast car lol!

divedeep

Here is the dyno for my 2013 beetle TDI. Malone stage 2+ tune,Rawtek down pipe,Rawtek High Flow Cat and Resonator,Sachs Race Single Mass Flywheel & Clutch Kit,H&R springs,aftermarket 18" rims, dark side intercooler hard pipe kit, dark side EGR delete kit, dieselgeek short shifter,TSC off button,apr carbon fiber intake.

I sold her this year and now have a GTI.

Last edited:

tfarrell44

Passed Driver's Ed
i have a quick question on the unitronic tune if any one can answer. i have the rawtek down pipe and mid pipe and want to know if that tune will work with those product with all the egr and dpf stuff. Im new at this so any thing would be great .

gliitch

Ready to race!

Here is the dyno for my 2013 beetle TDI. Malone stage 2+ tune,Rawtek down pipe,Rawtek High Flow Cat and Resonator,Sachs Race Single Mass Flywheel & Clutch Kit,H&R springs,aftermarket 18" rims, dark side intercooler hard pipe kit, dark side EGR delete kit, dieselgeek short shifter,TSC off button,apr carbon fiber intake.

I sold her this year and now have a GTI.

it sucks with these that so much money gets spent on the parts and still an under powered car =(

gliitch

Ready to race!
i have a quick question on the unitronic tune if any one can answer. i have the rawtek down pipe and mid pipe and want to know if that tune will work with those product with all the egr and dpf stuff. Im new at this so any thing would be great .

malone has been in the game for a really really long time and seems to be the go to for 90% of the tdi world (at least in the cr2.0 world)

Yukon

Passed Driver's Ed

The Unitronic tune will absolutely NOT work with those components.

Yukon

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks man ?

Reason being that the Unitronic tune will still utilize the stock components, as in DPF, EGR, etc etc. You don't want the car to run a regen with a downpipe on. Also, you will have all kinds of codes thrown the first time you start it up. Not sure if the car would even run right to be honest.

GolfTDIr

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got a Malone tune done the other day. Can't believe how much better it makes the car feel. So much more power. Or at least that's how it feels. I am going on a road trip Tuesday and can't wait to see the increase in MPGs.

Yukon

Passed Driver's Ed

Faceman

Autocross Newbie