GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Full DeAutoKey HID/LED setup for Halogen Housing

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
This photo of a car in the parking lot - notice the white car on the left - it is lower than 98% of cars on the road and NO light is shining in the driver window or anywhere near that area:

We agree with what you are posting - DO NOT install REGULAR Xenon bulbs in your reflector housing - you will blind me and others - it is dangerous!

But our H7RC are different - the shorter bulb mimics the halogen and where it will reflector light, band on bottom helps stop any glare from light.

I stated my source for other cars - internet posts on other forums - please search to find them.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
So it's got front and rear level sensors to compensate for incline, decline and bumps?
This is a good question. Interested to hear how you are leveling the HIDs which is required by law for OEM headlights with HIDs/projectors... to avoid blinding other drivers. I understand that you might say that reflectors are not projectors so it's not required, but if you are comparing the output and/or cutoff of OEM HID vs. HID in reflectors, then it makes sense that these would be required too.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
This photo of a car in the parking lot - notice the white car on the left - it is lower than 98% of cars on the road and NO light is shining in the driver window or anywhere near that area:
Again, exposure settings are unknown so it's impossible to tell from these types of pictures if another driver would be blinded.

Here's a simple solution. Put your xenon bulb in one side of a stock GTI housing, and keep stock halogen in the other. Then take a video from ~50 feet away, from different angles. If it is shown that the xenons do not have more output above the "cutoff" vs. stock halogens, you would have proven that your bulbs are truly better than regular xenon bulbs in stock housings. However, it still doesn't compensate for dips/bumps/incline/decline conditions so they will still blind others there.

We agree with what you are posting - DO NOT install REGULAR Xenon bulbs in your reflector housing - you will blind me and others - it is dangerous!

But our H7RC are different - the shorter bulb mimics the halogen and where it will reflector light, band on bottom helps stop any glare from light.

I stated my source for other cars - internet posts on other forums - please search to find them.
:rolleyes:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
This is a good question. Interested to hear how you are leveling the HIDs which is required by law for OEM headlights with HIDs/projectors... to avoid blinding other drivers. I understand that you might say that reflectors are not projectors so it's not required, but if you are comparing the output and/or cutoff of OEM HID vs. HID in reflectors, then it makes sense that these would be required too.

No aftermarket xenon kit (not even retrofit source in projectors) are street legal, it is all in warranty and policy of every company even ours - it is up to you to install what you want, SBL has the same policy, again, like all companies.

However, if you are going on a hill a halogen will blind another driver too, that is common sense I feel many reading will simply laugh and feel you are trying to stretch this even further than you really can.

It is obvious you have 1 view and want to discredit a company trying to help fix the issue, not add to it, do you want to mention the endless people installing H7 kits in their halogens? We see and hear about it all the time.

You have amazon and ebay member selling these by the thousands, so why don't we just forget h7rc kits that we feel is creating a much better driving experience and beam angle without blinding others and just sell H7 under a different name on amazon an ebay? You cannot really try to focus on one product and compare it to a different product you experienced.

Ok, your opinion is that the exposure on every single photo is wrong? Interesting how every single person has a similar cut-off but it is because of exposure, those are all different customers, cameras and photos.

Everything has been said and went over, all questions answered, customers can make up their mind on their own.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
No aftermarket xenon kit (not even retrofit source in projectors) are street legal, it is all in warranty and policy of every company even ours - it is up to you to install what you want, SBL has the same policy, again, like all companies.
So you agree that your kit is not street legal, likely for the reasons stated earlier.

However, if you are going on a hill a halogen will blind another driver too, that is common sense I feel many reading will simply laugh and feel you are trying to stretch this even further than you really can.
It's true that regular halogens will not compensate for these conditions. However, regular halogens are... regular halogens, and not bright HIDs (a selling point of your xenons is that they are brighter than stock halogens, right?)... so it stands to reason that HIDs in regular housings will naturally be more blinding to other drivers in this situation.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
So you agree that your kit is not street legal, likely for the reasons stated earlier.

It's true that regular halogens will not compensate for these conditions. However, regular halogens are... regular halogens, and not bright HIDs (a selling point of your xenons is that they are brighter than stock halogens, right?)... so it stands to reason that HIDs in regular housings will naturally be more blinding to other drivers in this situation.

Everyone should know that no aftermarket bulb is street legal due to the regulations, please see our policy, we never tried to hide this fact, you just didn't read and as we stated, installing an aftermarket bulb from any company including retrofit is NOT LEGAL, you should have all facts prior to posting statements so it doesn't come off as only attacking our company:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

As we said, we answered and addressed everything, you can now have your opinion, that is fine, customers can read over and make their own conclusion, we only posted as it was one sided, other products were being posted and compared, not ours, so we had to reply, other than that it is pointless to reply any further to any comments.

Thank you for bringing this up so we can address it though, we feel any company who stands behind their product would be here talking about all aspects of it and not simply selling tons of them on ebay/amazon without caring what car/headlight it goes into.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
It would be most informative if deautokey could post up a video of how these lights look to other drivers. Maybe drive by the camera so one can make their own judgment if they are blinding or not. Color me skeptical, I sure can tell when someone has HIDs in a halogen housing. Those do blind me & other drivers. Not trying to be negative here.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Everyone should know that no aftermarket bulb is street legal due to the regulations, please see our policy, we never tried to hide this fact, you just didn't read and as we stated, installing an aftermarket bulb from any company including retrofit is NOT LEGAL, you should have all facts prior to posting statements so it doesn't come off as only attacking our company:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

As we said, we answered and addressed everything, you can now have your opinion, that is fine, customers can read over and make their own conclusion, we only posted as it was one sided, other products were being posted and compared, not ours, so we had to reply, other than that it is pointless to reply any further to any comments.

Thank you for bringing this up so we can address it though, we feel any company who stands behind their product would be here talking about all aspects of it and not simply selling tons of them on ebay/amazon without caring what car/headlight it goes into.
I never stated that you were trying to hide this fact, but thank you for the link regardless. I appreciate that you are taking the time to respond and that you are open to discussion regarding the drawbacks of using xenon bulbs in halogen reflector housings.

It would be most informative if deautokey could post up a video of how these lights look to other drivers. Maybe drive by the camera so one can make their own judgment if they are blinding or not. Color me skeptical, I sure can tell when someone has HIDs in a halogen housing. Those do blind me & other drivers. Not trying to be negative here.
:word:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
ashchuckton - it will be the last reply as the same thing is being said and stated over and over, we currently do not have this but the videos, photos and feedback shows that it is not blinding others, we drove by people with our h7rc in halogens and were not blinded and no one could tell, you can search those other cars and see many claims of STOCK FROM THE FACTORY headlights blinding other drivers. You can try to explain that?

intoflatlines - thank you - we are an honest company who states and puts all information out there, we are not here to deceive a customer - having a product be different from what we say or post is not something we would ever do, if we felt the exposure was incorrect we would not post the photo, it is what we see in person also.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
We will be awaiting video for review. Thank you for doing this. If video evidence proves your claims, it would be awesome.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I'll make sure I make a video of that. Thanks for suggesting that :) .

FYI I'm open to any suggestions as to what pictures, videos and perspectives to include, because that contributes to the discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Different cars, different exposure settings. And is that even a MK6? Thanks for getting a video together, I look forward to seeing the results.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
intoflatlines - mk7 - same set up as the mk6. We understand, exposure, but even at a quick exposure it will pick up blinding glare coming from the headlight.

And to add we have many people who have regular H7 installed in their halogens and then contact us when they are flashed, pulled over or just hate the way the light shines in general, once they install our H7RC all issues go away and we get emails thanking us.

We doubt people are going to spend $50.00 for just our H7RC xenon bulbs - install them and then lie about how much better it is vs their H7 they had installed prior. It would make sense that if what you are saying is true customers are contacting us angry they spent $50 on a bulb that didn't help the issues they saw with the regular H7 xenon bulb they had prior to our h7rc.

We bring this up, as we feel customer feedback is more important than any videos or photos we posted or can post.