GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Long Time Question to AWE Tuning

Sales@funktion

Ready to race!
In the recent years REVO has really lost a decent market share (at least from what I see here in the US) and Unitronic has been gaining very steady ground. 6 years ago when people said the words "The Big 3" it was GIAC, APR and REVO now it is APR, GIAC and Uni.

That is the brutal truth, but times have changed, and we are coming back into the market with full force.

(sorry to threadjack)

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
That is the brutal truth, but times have changed, and we are coming back into the market with full force.

(sorry to threadjack)

Same question goes for you guys as well. How come no turbo kits? Now that you combined businesses you have software and hardware capabilities. How come you aren't expanding your product offerings for VW. How come you let SPM steal all your shit and sell it cheaper?

Avant

Ready to race!
Big Turbo kits cost a lot of money and people in the United States want to pay $10 for a big turbo/software. Companies don't like that. APR can do it cause they have enough staff and budget to specialize in both hardware and software (which is a good thing). Other companies (Revo/Uni) just do software and the most popular hardware stuff (exhausts/intakes) maybe because that's what's most profitable to them. BT R&D costs a lot more time and money.

I know AWE has the resources. They do turbo kits for the Porsche Turbo's (because Porsche customers will pay money for it) and they've offered semi-big turbo for the FSI stuff (GT28) if I recall correctly. Or maybe they feel like the market has been over-saturated with APR customers that won't sway over? Not sure.

GIAC probably knows about how AWE feels for bigger turbo's that's why they're providing support for CTS's GTX kit, the Frankenturbo FT23, GT3071 in Australia, and the Loba Motorsport ones (380/4XX). At this rate I don't know why AWE hasn't offered one given the time they've been in the market. They may change (and I hope they change) for the MK7 though :/

Evan@APR

Banned
Canned tunes are fine; mainly for a bolt on car. I would feel uneasy knowing I'm putting a turbo on my car that is going to take it from 200 hp to 500 hp and I'm getting the same tune as a guy on the other side of the country with different supporting mods, different climate, and a different goal for the car.

/rant

There is one goal--go fast, reliably. Show me one person who wants something else and you'd be showing me a liar.

Unlike in other markets, the German cars are smart. The engine and ECU are smart. It has several sensors and thousands of maps to tell the car how to respond in differing conditions. When you calibrate smart (read: properly), these principles don't change. The theory is easy, but the facilitation is complex.