GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lease Question involving a GTI

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Simple question.

If you have $8k in equity in your current car and go to trade it in on a lease. Will they write you a check for the equity in the car if the lease was considered $0 down? If this is possible, how common is it and will most dealers actually want to write me a check?

Obviously CarMax would be a solution to this if I didn't want to sell it privately but I'm curious...

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
typically yes, but i cant see a dealer giving you the 8k, they'll low ball the shit out of you.

where did you get 8k from? KBB?

if its a 0 down lease, you should try getting the most out of your current car elsewhere.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2010 GTI with 52k miles on it. I figured 8k based on owing about $4k on the car. Maybe 12k is unreasonable but based off what I see online $12k still leaves a dealer quite a bit of room.

Any time you're dealing with a dealership I assume they will try and bend you over...

EDIT: Just checked KBB as I was curious and "Good Condition" trade in is quoted at $13,300. The car is mint but as stated above, dealers like to F people with trade in value.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
I just saw it. Haha. Shoot me a PM if you'd like some help with getting your new vehicle situated. I sold cars for a long time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk