GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw to porsche boxter brake upgrade parts list & future DIY

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
Drew
Are you running OEM rims? If so let us know if they fit with no spacer. I'm curious about that aspect.

Jeff

I have the Detroits. I just went outside and measured. There is no way they
will fit without spacers. I won't know for sure until I test fit the calipers what size spacer I need. Trying to find somebody local who can blast the calipers for me for final clean up.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Just checking before i order the parts but i'm running 17x9 et30, that will clear the calipers right?

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
I have the Detroits. I just went outside and measured. There is no way they
will fit without spacers. I won't know for sure until I test fit the calipers what size spacer I need. Trying to find somebody local who can blast the calipers for me for final clean up.

OEM wheels = 5mm spacer minimum

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
Picked up set this weekend, i had to buy the whole set front and read. anyone found any use for the rears? BTW this write up states 1999-2004, mine are from 1997, and look to be the same.

I just spent an hour and a half degreasing and breaking down my calipers. Starting to think the refurb calipers are a better idea. Still need to media blast them.

Calipers 240 for the pair
New seals about $60
35 for paint
10 in misc to clean them.

Between the time to clean and the cost I think the returbs are pretty close. Still I like doing this kind of stuff so it is worth it to me. Just figured I would post my experience for others.

where did you get the seals from? did you get both dust boots and seals?
Aslo is there need to powder coat these, or will paint suffice?

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
where did you get the seals from? did you get both dust boots and seals?
Aslo is there need to powder coat these, or will paint suffice?

I bought seals and dust boots. Got them on eBay for $13 a set. You need 4 sets. They are the generic replacements. They seem OK not exactly the same as the brembos but they are suppose to be fine.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Since I still can find anything or get a response. What offsets on 17's do the booster calipers clear

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
brake lines:
Ive heard from multiple people that the stock lines will work with a new banjo bolt: M10 x 1.0 banjo. Not sure if this is true or not.

Apikol sells the front lines for $80 on their site, which comes with banjo bolts & crush washers.
http://apikol.com/products-page/brake-components/dot-approved-braided-ss-brake-lines/

can anyone confirm that the stock lines work with a new banjo bolt?
thanks
-Brad

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
can anyone confirm that the stock lines work with a new banjo bolt?
thanks
-Brad

Works fine. However I recommend stainless lines. No reason to skip out on a relatively cheap item that improves brake feel

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Works fine. However I recommend stainless lines. No reason to skip out on a relatively cheap item that improves brake feel

because search rockauto for 95033015
;)

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Same here, I already have stainless lines and am wondering if the banjo used for the Boxster calipers are the same for the 17/18Z's.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
bump for a question: Will these fit with steelie 16's? I just bought some used boxster calipers and will begin the rebuild and install process.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
How did you guys clean the calipers if they were old and dirty? I currently have them soaking in simple green

mfractal

Ready to race!
Just passing here to say how awesome this upgrade is.
Just got the car back from my mechanic who installed these.

The change in brake performance is day and night, great upgrade.