GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne tune

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the answers peoples :]

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so from what it sounds like do you not need to take your car to a Eurodyne dealer for the first flash with the maestro suite or is this for those who've already had a flash done? I'm just slightly confused because if that's the case then I'm sold on Eurodyne lol. I'd love to flash it from the parking lot and not having to have the ECU removed like other brands require.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so from what it sounds like do you not need to take your car to a Eurodyne dealer for the first flash with the maestro suite or is this for those who've already had a flash done? I'm just slightly confused because if that's the case then I'm sold on Eurodyne lol. I'd love to flash it from the parking lot and not having to have the ECU removed like other brands require.
Omg dude, please do some research

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Omg dude, please do some research

Sorry, but I'm new to this. I have done research just confirming as other forums is sifting through countless non informative posts. I appreciate viable feedback than getting "Omg dude, please do some research." That's what forums are for, not badgering people because they aren't sure. If you have nothing else to say other than this then please don't respond at all.

Nezoid

Ready to race!

You do not need to take your car to a Eurodyne dealer. You install the 3 files on their site, hook up the cable.. And start flashing. Just don't follow the instructions that come with the cable. They are old.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, but I'm new to this. I have done research just confirming as other forums is sifting through countless non informative posts. I appreciate viable feedback than getting "Omg dude, please do some research." That's what forums are for, not badgering people because they aren't sure. If you have nothing else to say other than this then please don't respond at all.

If you had done it, you would know many/most companies port flash, opening the ecu is no big deal anyway. Some guys here have had theirs done 5 or more times.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you had done it, you would know many/most companies port flash, opening the ecu is no big deal anyway. Some guys here have had theirs done 5 or more times.

not to mention Eurodynes own website has a post that is shown on almost every page(on the product page its to the left)on the home page its below where you select the car and it has a link titled below...
"OBD2 Port flashing for all MED17 ecu’s now available
March 20, 2015"

If you click on it it then relays this info.
"
It is no longer necessary to “Unlock” the MED17 ecu’s found in most 2010-Present VW and Audi vehicles on the bench.
We can now flash all ecu’s through the OBD port. Ecu removal is no longer required.
Customers who purchase Maestro, or the end user flash package can do this as well.
"

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
not to mention Eurodynes own website has a post that is shown on almost every page(on the product page its to the left)on the home page its below where you select the car and it has a link titled below...
"OBD2 Port flashing for all MED17 ecu’s now available
March 20, 2015"

If you click on it it then relays this info.
"
It is no longer necessary to “Unlock” the MED17 ecu’s found in most 2010-Present VW and Audi vehicles on the bench.
We can now flash all ecu’s through the OBD port. Ecu removal is no longer required.
Customers who purchase Maestro, or the end user flash package can do this as well.
"

Are you saying that Apr now does port flashing????:p

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Are you saying that Apr now does port flashing????:p

APR probably just thinks the tune into the car and it works because "Science"

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
IIRC, you asked some pretty stupid questions when you were new...

I remember answering them. Lol
lol. Dirty south strikes again.