GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Optional OEM Exhaust Compatibility

ataman

Ready to race!
I am considering K04 with OEM Exhaust. I am wondering if there is a dyno graph out there? I want to see the performance difference..

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
I think I've seen APR comment that it's 20 - 30 hp. That's a lot. If it is indeed that big of a drop, and you're committed to using the stock dp, probably best to stick with a Stage I flash.

P

plac

I think I've seen APR comment that it's 20 - 30 hp. That's a lot. If it is indeed that big of a drop, and you're committed to using the stock dp, probably best to stick with a Stage I flash.

+1. I wouldnt even do stage 2 let alone K04 without a downpipe.

ataman

Ready to race!

If that is the case, agreed.

I want to stick with the OEM because I do not want issues with cops or inspections in the future and I do not want to drive around in my neighborhood waking everybody up;) I like the quite ride...

P

plac

there are a couple downpipes which are quiet as stock. UR has the biggest resonator in the business of GTI downpipes, a 5.5" oval. AWE is a close second, but not as quiet as mine. I have had 2 of each. Dont know if it will work with a K04 setup tho..

Last edited:

ataman

Ready to race!
+1. I wouldnt even do stage 2 let alone K04 without a downpipe.

They have a seperate program for oem, with K04

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
I have an AWE catted dp, and it's as quiet as stock. I used it with my APR K04, dyno'd it, and made APR-advertised power.

P

plac

They have a seperate program for oem, with K04

ah, so its actually possible to run a K04 on stock exhaust? i still wouldnt go to the trouble of that money and work to lose 30hp on it..

ataman

Ready to race!
there are a couple downpipes which are quiet as stock. well one, mine. biggest resonator in the business of GTI downpipes, a 5.5" oval. dont know if it will work with a K04 setup tho..

I guess it's working for a stage 2... Might be an option, I will take a look!

ataman

Ready to race!
ah, so its actually possible to run a K04 on stock exhaust? i still wouldnt go to the trouble of that money and work to lose 30hp on it..

Yes it's on APRs website...

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
I want to stick with the OEM because I do not want issues with cops or inspections in the future and I do not want to drive around in my neighborhood waking everybody up;) I like the quite ride...

I have an AWE catted dp, and it's as quiet as stock. I used it with my APR K04, dyno'd it, and made APR-advertised power.

You can also get a "non-testpipe" version of the K04 tune which will not disable any readiness tests from being performed. So, if you have a good cat (with a spacer), you'll pass all readiness tests, have good emissions, look pretty stock, and be super quiet.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Imrunning stock exhaust. I guess I'm stage 1 k04. When I get my bb in I will get it reflashed to stage 2. Everything boltedup fine. It's in sleeper mode right now

FNR32

Ready to race!
It's totally possible, it's what im doing.Eventually I will get a TBE or something but my focus is just getting the K04 first.

ataman

Ready to race!
I am still wondering on dyno values on this... Any graphs out there?