GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI GTI or 2010 Audi A4

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
More bang for the buck if you go with the GTI, Audi is more of a name that your buying with that price tag. My .02 pennies.

moltenlava

I was looking hard at Audi A3 before I purchased GTI. It is a no brainer for me. You would think the premium brand Audi is using higher quality material, but GTI has better interior trim than Audi A3 or TT. They share pretty much the same engine and transmission, yet GTI still costs $5k less than A3. Now if you are comparing GTI with A4, there are just so many differences it really depends on your preference.

kyle1

Passed Driver's Ed
While it sounds like the OP already made his decision, I thought I would chime in. I don't own an MkVI GTI or an A4, but I've been looking hard at dumping my MkV GTI for a CPO B7 A4. I love the design of the B7 even more than the B8...I think.

I could be imagining it, or perhaps subconsciously I don't really want to dump my MkV, but when I got back in my GTI after test driving the A4s, I can honestly say that my GTI felt 'tighter' and dare I say even of 'higher quality' than the A4. I was actually happy to get back into my GTI.

I was not overly impressed at all with the interior of the A4 even as it compares to my MkV. This might have something to do with the fact that the A4s I drove were leased and had some noticeable scuffing on the interior trim. The A4 had nowhere near the steering response and road feel as my GTI and was much less communicative.

That said, I still really love the design of the B7, and with a tune, I could still be swayed. But for now, I'm sticking my MkV.

Mr. Abulia

Wheeeeeeeee!
I've been wondering the same thing. Just drove an A4 today, and fell in love. It's a different car though: the interior is far superior to the GTI (2010 for 2010), the exterior is in a different class altogether, and the engine is fabulous. It made me cry, wishing only that the GTI could have the same 2.0T: the extra 10hp are nothing, it's the extra ft/lb of torque that make it a beast. Problem is that up here in Canadiana it costs $15k more than the GTI to go to an A4 with the S-line package. The Audi is sex. It is the best car driving experience I have had since I sold my 911. But the GTI is almost as good and far less money. And has a trunk that is way more practical.

If money weren't an object, I'd get the A4 and live happily ever after. Since it is, I'm going to get another GTI.