GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-15-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
Turbosharef
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 4DR CW MK6 GTI 6MT
Best way to update maps on RNS510 2010 GTI

Hey guys, i just picked up my CW GTI a few weeks back its a 2010 autobahn i guess, (leather,Nav,sunroof) anyways i was messing around with the navigation and it seems to work pretty well except for in the new developments around me it will think im offroading. anyways i realize the car is seven years old now and its probably time for a map update. i searched around and found out that i have to order a v11 (2016) map CD from vw's navagation system maker i forget what they're called but i found it and didnt feel like paying around $250 to get a CD to my place in Canada. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo with that being said, is there a cheaper / free way to update my maps. i saw on youtube a bunch of guys with download links but they were for west and east Europe.
Turbosharef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosharef View Post
Hey guys, i just picked up my CW GTI a few weeks back its a 2010 autobahn i guess, (leather,Nav,sunroof) anyways i was messing around with the navigation and it seems to work pretty well except for in the new developments around me it will think im offroading. anyways i realize the car is seven years old now and its probably time for a map update. i searched around and found out that i have to order a v11 (2016) map CD from vw's navagation system maker i forget what they're called but i found it and didnt feel like paying around $250 to get a CD to my place in Canada. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo with that being said, is there a cheaper / free way to update my maps. i saw on youtube a bunch of guys with download links but they were for west and east Europe.

Try the bay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
CleanAsFckMk6
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 Mk6 GTI
The RNS-315s update maps thru SD card that can only be used once, but the RNS510s use a CD disc for map updates, and they are reusable.

So your options are find someone that already paid for the disc/updated their maps and buy it for a discount which they will likely do since they have no use for it.

Or

If your fairly computer/tech savy, you can get a hold of the Map Update files that are on the v11 Disk, extract the .mds/.iso's, buy a Verbatim DVD-DL disc, and use IMGBurn to make your own Map Update Disk
Mk6 CW Gti - Eurodyne StageII - RSR Clutch Kit - Ultimate Racing TBE - Injen CAI - H&R UltraLows - UR RSB - Rotiform IND-Ts - DieselGeek SS - Eurojet Motor/Trans/Pendulum Mounts - Dark Cherry LED Tails - TDi Front Grill - RNS510 - TT-RS Brake Kit (Not yet Installed)
Looking for VCDS Coding? PM Me
CleanAsFckMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
Turbosharef
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 4DR CW MK6 GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAsFckMk6 View Post
The RNS-315s update maps thru SD card that can only be used once, but the RNS510s use a CD disc for map updates, and they are reusable.

So your options are find someone that already paid for the disc/updated their maps and buy it for a discount which they will likely do since they have no use for it.

Or

If your fairly computer/tech savy, you can get a hold of the Map Update files that are on the v11 Disk, extract the .mds/.iso's, buy a Verbatim DVD-DL disc, and use IMGBurn to make your own Map Update Disk
i am pretty good with computers, tried to find some torrent files but only found euro regions so far, i only did a quick search will need to go more in depth
Turbosharef is offline   Reply With Quote