GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-17-2017, 10:37 PM   #7295
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
I dont think so. Its manual, so I don't see what is actually coded there. Like you can swap the clutch and differential without coding and that's pretty much the transmission

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #7296
franco516
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: gti
hey guys. I want to buy Hawk ceramic brake pads from ECS but theyre descriptions is this : For vehicles with 282/286x12 rear brakes, please see description for more details.

I have a 2012 gti with stock brakes. will i have any fitment issues?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #7297
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
hey guys. I want to buy Hawk ceramic brake pads from ECS but theyre descriptions is this : For vehicles with 282/286x12 rear brakes, please see description for more details.

I have a 2012 gti with stock brakes. will i have any fitment issues?
2011+ rear rotors are 272mm. The bigger ones are for 2010s.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #7298
franco516

Drives: gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
2011+ rear rotors are 272mm. The bigger ones are for 2010s.
thank you!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #7299
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

My passenger side window refuses to go up automatically anymore - it also won't go up if I hold the button down. I have to hit the button a few times and the window only goes up a few inches at a time. I had it looked at by a tech and the motor and regulator are good. Any way to fix it/reset the switch as it seems this is where the issue is? Thanks

Edit: The switch also works perfectly fine from the passenger side as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD

Last edited by Trytun; 06-20-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #7300
1ashchuckton

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
I had a similar thing happen with my drivers window switch. It was fixed under the CPO warranty with a new switch.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #7301
CleanAsFckMk6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2013 Mk6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
My passenger side window refuses to go up automatically anymore - it also won't go up if I hold the button down. I have to hit the button a few times and the window only goes up a few inches at a time. I had it looked at by a tech and the motor and regulator are good. Any way to fix it/reset the switch as it seems this is where the issue is? Thanks

Edit: The switch also works perfectly fine from the passenger side as well.

Mine did the same thing on the Golf TDI I had before the buy-back. Its due to water shorting the switch out, and the stupid design our cars have that allows rain water to easily roll off the roof of the car and drop right onto the switch if your window is open at all.
If your under warranty, the dealer will cover it though. When I got mine replaced, even the service manager said its a pretty common problem and is frequently caused by still water sitting on the roof, say after a rain storm. You start driving and make any kind of right turn, the water runs right off the roof and drops right onto the drivers side switch if the windows open at all.
Ha he literally recommended I keep the windows closed until after I start driving so any still water on the roof can run off some, instead of running off directly onto my window switches....
Mk6 CW Gti - Eurodyne StageII - RSR Clutch Kit - Ultimate Racing TBE - Injen CAI - H&R UltraLows - UR RSB - Rotiform IND-Ts - DieselGeek SS - Eurojet Motor/Trans/Pendulum Mounts - Dark Cherry LED Tails - TDi Front Grill - RNS510 - TT-RS Brake Kit (Not yet Installed)
Looking for VCDS Coding? PM Me
CleanAsFckMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #7302
Corradoluvher
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 vw gti
Is the mk6 gti and mk7 gti 6 speed manual the same transmission?
Corradoluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #7303
davserbic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Golf MKVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
I had a similar thing happen with my drivers window switch. It was fixed under the CPO warranty with a new switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAsFckMk6 View Post
Mine did the same thing on the Golf TDI I had before the buy-back. Its due to water shorting the switch out, and the stupid design our cars have that allows rain water to easily roll off the roof of the car and drop right onto the switch if your window is open at all.
If your under warranty, the dealer will cover it though. When I got mine replaced, even the service manager said its a pretty common problem and is frequently caused by still water sitting on the roof, say after a rain storm. You start driving and make any kind of right turn, the water runs right off the roof and drops right onto the drivers side switch if the windows open at all.
Ha he literally recommended I keep the windows closed until after I start driving so any still water on the roof can run off some, instead of running off directly onto my window switches....
..... aaaaannnnnnnd mine died today after yesterday's rain. Blaming it on the Marlboros.

Golf 2.5L Build Thread | Airlift Slam Series + V2 Management | APR Carbonio | Mercedes Alphards | Golf R Conversion |

FOLLOW ME ON IG: @DAVSERBIC
davserbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #7304
tonymk6
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 CW GTI DSG
I just got the P2015 intake manifold code thrown at me. Can the car be driven with that code? It doesn't drive any different so I'm wondering if it's accurate or if it just threw the code randomly.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #7305
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Might idle kinda funny but should be ok for now.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #7306
tonymk6
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 CW GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymk6 View Post
I just got the P2015 intake manifold code thrown at me. Can the car be driven with that code? It doesn't drive any different so I'm wondering if it's accurate or if it just threw the code randomly.
Weird, the CEL went away.. lol
Old 06-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #7307
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymk6 View Post
Weird, the CEL went away.. lol
It will do that. Replace intake manifold and get your carbon cleaning while they have it off.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #7308
webbry4
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn IE Stage 2
Anybody know what could be the culprit with code P0456? I already checked the gas cap

webbry4 is offline   Reply With Quote