GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ON your tail with my slow a$$ 2.5
Posts: 463
Torque Steer Compensation

Anyone Running Torque Steer Compensation ? I tried adding it to my Golf but I don't think it's enabled for my car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TorqueSteerCompensation.jpg (144.1 KB, 34 views)
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver
 
damagi123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
Anyone Running Torque Steer Compensation ? I tried adding it to my Golf but I don't think it's enabled for my car.
lol sorry but i have to. What torque steer are you seriously experiencing on a 2.5?
__________________
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone Mount, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ON your tail with my slow a$$ 2.5
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
lol sorry but i have to. What torque steer are you seriously experiencing on a 2.5?
Not in the dry but yesterday in the rain it does torque steer under acceleration, so would be a good help in the snow as well.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
riceburner
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 829
i don't have any torque steer in my 2.0, you sure everything is balanced on your car? or are the trans/axle setups really that different from the 2.0 cars?
__________________
buildie buildie.. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110051
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ON your tail with my slow a$$ 2.5
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
i don't have any torque steer in my 2.0, you sure everything is balanced on your car? or are the trans/axle setups really that different from the 2.0 cars?
The setup and goemetry is pretty must the same, VW did a good job with the torque steer, but its still there no matter which MK6 you drive.

Just wanted to know if you guys use it, it would be a benefit on all the Mk6 Golfs/GTIs especially in the slick stuff, not just for guys with big turbos.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
The setup and goemetry is pretty must the same, VW did a good job with the torque steer, but its still there no matter which MK6 you drive.

Just wanted to know if you guys use it, it would be a benefit on all the Mk6 Golfs/GTIs especially in the slick stuff, not just for guys with big turbos.
1. Make sure tires are balanced and alignment is good.
2. Find a straight road.
3. Accelerate and note the speed and rpms torque steer happens. Try to wot from a stop with no hands on the wheel.
4. Enable torque compensation.
5. Test again and see if torque compensation helped.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: S3 InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | H&R SWAY BARS 26/22
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.