GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #41021
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I adjusted it a little lower. It has fairly flexible accordion section but not all of it is, so it kind of limits the possibilities. I was just barely able to snake it under the main intake but I felt that it had too much tension on it, and it was too close to the drain hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #41022
Phur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
I adjusted it a little lower. It has fairly flexible accordion section but not all of it is, so it kind of limits the possibilities. I was just barely able to snake it under the main intake but I felt that it had too much tension on it, and it was too close to the drain hole.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #41023
lyonsroar
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
Excellent, what did you win exactly??

Best in Class mKVI
Best stance - all watercooled
Best engine - all watercooled
Best paint - all watercooled
AirLift
BBS
lyonsroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #41024
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Ordered 4 PSS $70 rebate starts today. Whooooo buddy

I got all 4 for $790 out the door. Includes tax and putting them on. Road hazard insurance is $20 bucks extra for all 4.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #41025
Gino

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
Ordered 4 PSS $70 rebate starts today. Whooooo buddy

I got all 4 for $790 out the door. Includes tax and putting them on. Road hazard insurance is $20 bucks extra for all 4.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Curious where you might have purchased if you shopped around much. Trying to price out new track tires which still very well may end up being 235/45/17 PSS. I know different tire sizes will yield different price based on size. You'll love the PSS. Have them on my RSe11 18x8 and definite improvement over my A/S3's.
Stratified Ported&Polished APR K04 | Dual Nozzle SnowPerformance W/M | MFactory LSD | IntegratedEngineering CAI | BillyBoat TBE | Neuspeed Discharge/Charge/FMIC/IC Delete..FSB/RSB..RSe11 w/Michelin PSS | 034 Motor/Trans/Dogbone Intsert+Mount | ECS CatchCan/BoostTap | Koni Coilovers (WestEnd Corner Balance) | Unibrace XB/UB | Whiteline F/R Endlinks | Brembo 17z/Hawk Street/StainlessLines | TyrolSport SLC | OEM LED Tails [Click4List]
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #41026
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Curious where you might have purchased if you shopped around much. Trying to price out new track tires which still very well may end up being 235/45/17 PSS. I know different tire sizes will yield different price based on size. You'll love the PSS. Have them on my RSe11 18x8 and definite improvement over my A/S3's.
I'm curious as to why you would even consider the PSS for track work.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:03 PM   #41027
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Flashed it with the first revision of my stratified tune.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:13 PM   #41028
BuiltforSin
Oval Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
Played with VAGCOM some more today. Adjusted the XDS to 2. Love it, way better than the stock setting.
BuiltforSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 PM   #41029
Gino

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roctre View Post
I'm curious as to why you would even consider the PSS for track work.
Went on Tire Rack asking for a recommendation. It was suggested to me over the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R and Hankook Ventus RS4. Something about it lasting longer than them two and performing very close. Honestly I am still open to suggestions. Also, don't think Bridgestone or Hankook have rebates going on where as Michelin does.
Stratified Ported&Polished APR K04 | Dual Nozzle SnowPerformance W/M | MFactory LSD | IntegratedEngineering CAI | BillyBoat TBE | Neuspeed Discharge/Charge/FMIC/IC Delete..FSB/RSB..RSe11 w/Michelin PSS | 034 Motor/Trans/Dogbone Intsert+Mount | ECS CatchCan/BoostTap | Koni Coilovers (WestEnd Corner Balance) | Unibrace XB/UB | Whiteline F/R Endlinks | Brembo 17z/Hawk Street/StainlessLines | TyrolSport SLC | OEM LED Tails [Click4List]
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #41030
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
Played with VAGCOM some more today. Adjusted the XDS to 2. Love it, way better than the stock setting.

Does this mimic what a LSD does?

hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #41031
Phur

This is just a copy and paste from VW.

Electronic Differential Lock (XDS)
Electronic Differential Lock (XDS)
The XDS electronic differential lock is an extension of the familiar EDL function. However, XDS responds not to loss of traction but to the unloading of the front wheel on the inside of the corner when cornering fast. XDS applies pressure from the ESC hydraulics to the inside wheel to prevent it from spinning. This improves traction and reduces the tendency to understeer. The level of pressure applied ranges from approximately 5 to 15 bar. The impression when driving is similar to that of a limited-slip differential in toned-down form. The precise, one-sided build-up of brake pressure makes cornering even sportier, quicker and more accurate.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #41032
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Sitting in the waiting room while my girl gets flashed with stage 2 software
Old 06-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #41033
BGW
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Autobahn
What did you do to your MK6 today?

I got my front bumper valence painted body color.

Last edited by BGW; 06-22-2017 at 10:28 AM.
BGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #41034
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Flashed it with the first revision of my stratified tune.
me tooo. Its so smoothhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?