GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #57
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Just FYI, even if this car was 15 years old it STILL wouldn't need an alignment when changing the wheels. Alignments are ONLY required when you make SUSPENSION changes.
This. My alignment it still perfect after switching to my 16" winter setup then BACK to my oem Detroit setup.

Aries, you're correct about the '12 TPMS sensors. '12 and '13 MY cars do not need them, however in case you do have wheels with the sensors (but I hope no one buy them mistakenly, they're $$$) it wouldn't hurt to run with them.

My question:
I lost an oem center cap (Detroit, not sure of they're different). What's the easiest way to get one? Going to check with the dealer about warranty first.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
GTI787
Banned

Drives: VW GTI 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Just FYI, even if this car was 15 years old it STILL wouldn't need an alignment when changing the wheels. Alignments are ONLY required when you make SUSPENSION changes.
^^That's COMPLETELY WRONG!!!^^
When i did my 20k service i got my tires rotated, after that my car pulls to the left... (My car was perfect before the 20k service)...

Alignment is schedule for next week...
GTI787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #59
brainbasher
Oval Champion

Drives: 2011 4dr
Why does my wife drive my car slow with me in it, but when she it by her self she drives it like she stole it?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #60
NathanDetroit
Oval Champion

Drives: 2015 GTI 6MT PP Old: '12 GTI 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptObvious75 View Post
Why do I pee on the walls when aiming for the toilet with morning wood?
Why does your toilet have a boner?
NathanDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #61
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphykid67 View Post
Great of you to fill me in on all this. Truly appreciated. Cheers!

I'm aware of the Tire Rack sponsorship and have already made contact with Sonny.

Thanks again! Vdub bro-love at it's finest. lol
It's all good! I'm just passing on the tidbits I picked up in various places on this and other sites.

I used grambles DIY to put in my new spark plugs and coilpacks today. This site rocks.
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #62
new 2
Go Kart Champion

Drives: '13 Golf TDI 6MT
i was looking for this thread when i posted my headlight switch thread but couldnt find it, rhought maybe it had been on vortex and i lost it...so i'll ask here instead, since they are definitely stupid questions that i couldnt find answers for on search.

i picked up a euro switch cheap from a friend, it has drl, auto, parking light and on. i just want to be able to run my fogs with teh headlights turned off.

1. its my understanding that the switch + this wire http://www.dbcperformance.com/000979...000979009e.htm will allow that, i've seen a few write ups. ive also seen this wire in write ups for euro r/etc tails with rear fogs. is it the same wire to the same place that serves this function for both? on ecs its listed as the wire for rear fogs but its listed in a write up for front as well so i'm assuming the same wire to the same two pins serves the same function for front and rear fogs with a euro switch?

2. what exactly is "coming home" and "leaving home"? it was somewhat explained to me but the person wasn't totally sure. i was also told by the seller that the switch he sold me had functions for that but he had a mk5, which leads to my next question:

3. i was informed that at least for the six you must have xenons in order to run coming/leaving home, is this true or no? i've heard mixed answers.

4. i know that i will have to have it recoded for coming/leaving home, i don't think i need to in order to have headlights off/fogs on correct? but i eventually want r tails with rear fogs, can anyone point me in the direction of any threads with the coding info?
new 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #63
Mello03
Autocross Champion

Drives: '12 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI787 View Post
^^That's COMPLETELY WRONG!!!^^
When i did my 20k service i got my tires rotated, after that my car pulls to the left... (My car was perfect before the 20k service)...

Alignment is schedule for next week...
This logic makes no sense whatsoever. Rotating tires has absolutely nothing to do with alignment. Nothing. Someone possibly "adjusted" your toe or camber while they were rotating your tires. If it is truly out of alignment it was either like that before or someone is looking to do some alignments this month.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #64
TwentyFour
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GTI
I want to replace my front fog lamps with yellow ones, I was going to get the H8 PIAA ones as I have seen good things said about them on the forum. I'll need to get them shipped over from the US as I can't find any in the U.K.

Is it a simple switch of the bulbs or will I need anything else to get them to work error free? I couldn't find much information on the subject which is why I feel it may be a stupid question
Thanks!
TwentyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #65
boosted27
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 CW 5 Door GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyFour View Post
I want to replace my front fog lamps with yellow ones, I was going to get the H8 PIAA ones as I have seen good things said about them on the forum. I'll need to get them shipped over from the US as I can't find any in the U.K.

Is it a simple switch of the bulbs or will I need anything else to get them to work error free? I couldn't find much information on the subject which is why I feel it may be a stupid question
Thanks!
I just swapped the Nokyan H8 2500K yellow fogs 2 weeks ago... in my case it was just a straight swap and no ERRORS.
boosted27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #66
GTIJenn
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI Tornado Red 6spd 4 dr
Ok this is a really stupid question...

My low washer fluid light just came on...any particular brand or type you guys suggest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayaGTI View Post
I jizz Bacardi 151
GTIJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #67
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIJenn View Post
Ok this is a really stupid question...

My low washer fluid light just came on...any particular brand or type you guys suggest?
DBC has the concentrate for 7 bucks......thats what I used

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #68
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
i would say the rain-x one. works pretty good IMO.
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #69
spiker369
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Pure White 2017 SE GTI
I tried using the search function at the top but I feel like I can't use that thing correctly... ><
Anyways, I want LEDs for my interior lighting. Depending on costs I mainly just want to get at least red ones for the foot wells because the red tail light tape over the stock lights isn't cutting it.
Any help would be great. (:
spiker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #70
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker369 View Post
I tried using the search function at the top but I feel like I can't use that thing correctly... ><
Anyways, I want LEDs for my interior lighting. Depending on costs I mainly just want to get at least red ones for the foot wells because the red tail light tape over the stock lights isn't cutting it.
Any help would be great. (:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...LED/ES2210280/

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote