GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive k04 File: Tuner's, show me what you got!

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking of having an aggressive tune my self. I'm happy with my tune right now but I still feel that there's a lot to push out.
My car spikes at 25-26psi and holds around 20-22psi and I'm running WMI + 91 octane.

petelking

Honda killa!

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Lol, you guys and your dynapacks. Here's GIAC's new extreme k04 file they're currently testing.... mustang dyno:

petelking

Honda killa!
I remember testing my car before buying it when it was stock on a mustang dyno.
It put down 127hp, same car on a dynapack put down 178whp

So yes they put out different figures and yes the dynapack tends to put out higher numbers, that said, we measured a stock audi S3 on the dynapack just day before my run, it put down 245hp.

So if a stock S3 put down 245whp and my car with the same turbo on the same dyno put down 383whp I'm still happy ;)

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
I remember testing my car before buying it when it was stock on a mustang dyno.
It put down 127hp, same car on a dynapack put down 178whp

So yes they put out different figures and yes the dynapack tends to put out higher numbers, that said, we measured a stock audi S3 on the dynapack just day before my run, it put down 245hp.

So if a stock S3 put down 245whp and my car with the same turbo on the same dyno put down 383whp I'm still happy ;)

the mustang dyno was def mis calibrated. i know they read really low but 70+ hp low, no way.

petelking

Honda killa!
Yeah that's a possibility...
Thinking of testing the car on a mustang dyno again now to see the difference, if I end up doing that I'll post the results.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that's a possibility...
Thinking of testing the car on a mustang dyno again now to see the difference, if I end up doing that I'll post the results.

Does it really matter? As long as we have a stock comparison on that same dyno it tells the story nicely. That is impressive power.

Do you always run at 29psi? Do you turn it down for daily driving? Have you seen any issues?

petelking

Honda killa!
I run the race tune daily, never turn it off, always on high boost (29psi)

IMHO if you can't run it daily than what’s the point of doing it, a dyno queen?

We have other cars around here that got similar, ever slightly higher results on the dyno with other tunes, however, none of them run it daily and they either used race fuel for the dyno or ran the software on the dyno and then went back to their old software because it wouldn't run well on the road.

Only issue I had was that the boost pipes kept popping out of place, but it's a 6 year old car and an easy fix took care of that:

http://www.vagit.co.il/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7436

(It's from our VAG forum in Israel and is in Hebrew but you'll get the point from the pics)

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion

We have other cars around here that got similar, ever slightly higher results on the dyno with other tunes, however, none of them run it daily and they either used race fuel for the dyno or ran the software on the dyno and then went back to their old software because it wouldn't run well on the road.

Only issue I had was that the boost pipes kept popping out of place, but it's a 6 year old car and an easy fix took care of that:

(It's from our VAG forum in Israel and is in Hebrew but you'll get the point from the pics)

I agree with you for sure. I have been kicking around the idea of a boost controller in my head, that's why I'm asking about it. I'm getting a new tune on friday for meth so I want to see the results of that before I do anything.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
im interested in the benefits of a controller as well

kern417

Go Kart Champion

http://translate.google.com/transla...orum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7436&act=url

engrish translation