Air Ride Suspension Thread

rockabillykid

Ready to race!
Here ya go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
winter is here so i now have 2 leaky fittings on my tank. gotta love it

Do you have a steel tank? I have had zero leaks since the week after install. 2.5 years with my setup.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Does anyone know how much lower exactly slam series rear struts go over oem?

They're a lot shorter. The main issue is the lack of height they can get.

This. It'll pretty much even out the rear to the front if you look at the side of the car when fully aired out and fender liner is adjusted.

And for those asking about my part out when I mentioned it a month ago..

BBS LM sale thread:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108513

AirLift performance sale thread:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108512

AirLift slam sale thread:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108511

Other available items from the part out are as followed, prices are for pick up.
DeAutoKey remote controlled foot wells: $40
UroTuning rear wiper delete: $20
Color matched CSG sidemarkers: $50

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
A quick question,

I have the old type Accuair sensor on my car. One is faulty and there's no way to find a replacement (old) sensor. Anyway, to cut the cost, I thought of buying a new sensor with a pigtail new sensor type harness. Then cut splice the old cable and attach the new one.

Is that possible?

davserbic

Ready to race!
A quick question,

I have the old type Accuair sensor on my car. One is faulty and there's no way to find a replacement (old) sensor. Anyway, to cut the cost, I thought of buying a new sensor with a pigtail new sensor type harness. Then cut splice the old cable and attach the new one.

Is that possible?

Whats the likelihood that the new sensor can talk to the old manifold? :iono:

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Whats the likelihood that the new sensor can talk to the old manifold? :iono:

That's my main query/concern. No clue on air systems etc.. I was thinking the manifold/ecu will get inputs from 3 same type sensors and 1 different type sensor.

rockabillykid

Ready to race!
A quick question,

Is that possible?

Y u no call accuair?

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Y u no call accuair?

Because I thought I'd get a quicker reply/answer here.

Anyway, I decided to upgrade all sensors to new the new type.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone else experienced failures with their AccuAir pressure switch? I've never had any issues until moving to Colorado (previously warm and sunny So Cal) and dealing with the cold weather, but my second pressure switch in two weeks just took a shit. It's leaking air through the electrical connection, same as the first one that failed which was on the car and worked flawlessly for 2+ years. Could it just be a bad part? It was only on the car for two weeks and I only drove it twice, but we've had some pretty drastic temperature swings lately and I haven't been running any air brake antifreeze in the tank until now.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
As a follow up, it turns out the mounting orientation is super important in cold climates... water can and will build up in the sensor, which will inevitably ruin it (in as little as two weeks, it seems).

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Alright, last time I installed air ride on a MK6 was like 4 years ago. What do I put the Add-A-fuse at for the ignition source? Rear wiper fuse?