GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 08-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #15
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
So I got an email, basically the service director said he would do whatever it takes to fix everything and make the car perfect. Now I don't know what to do because I really dont feel comfortable having a dealership touch my dashboard and risk possibly screwing up something else In the mean time, its also shitty cause it really complicates my work schedule when the car in in the shop, I also can't get a loaner because you have too be 25, which I'm not. This whole thing is fucked.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #16
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

So I went to the dealership, they got rid of the previous refinishing company and now they're using a "good" company to redo all my wheels, I chose the wheels to be finished I a carbon steel grey color and hopefully they all turn out good. I'm getting a new key fob too. Last I was promised that the dash would look brand new, they're getting a "professional" to do the repair and they said it's kinda like a rubber welding process. We'll see though.

I got the Golden Noodle
Old 08-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #17
Speeddemon69
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
So I went to the dealership, they got rid of the previous refinishing company and now they're using a "good" company to redo all my wheels, I chose the wheels to be finished I a carbon steel grey color and hopefully they all turn out good. I'm getting a new key fob too. Last I was promised that the dash would look brand new, they're getting a "professional" to do the repair and they said it's kinda like a rubber welding process. We'll see though.

I knew they were going to do that. they have companies that fill in or fix the crack, scuffs etc.
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #18
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6
You have to be 25 to get a loaner from a dealer? What kind of BS is that.

Mercedes gave me a brand new c300 loaner, their requirement is at least 21 and proof of insurance.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #19
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Depends on the state, and the rental/loaner company.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #20
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Depends on the state, and the rental/loaner company.
This. For the state of Florida you need to be 21 to rent a car and if you are under 25 they hit you with a UnderAge Driver fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #21
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
Quote:
Wow, if you don't mind me asking, how much was this repair? I would not have the dealership replace my entire dash and the I can live with the tiny tear, anyone know how I could ask to be compensated without coming off as a dick, I really like the dealerships management staff, it's only the 3rd party wheel refinisher I don't approve of.

No idea how much it cost. They scuffed it, it wasn't a tear but very noticeable.

So they replaced it.

Good luck with your repair, remember over time that area will get hot and cold ie contract and expand. Personally i think that if they damaged it, they should replace it.

Be nice or be a dick if necessary, the staff should like you and fix it correctly, your car and think if you would like to buy the car with a cracked dash that you would see every day.

So VW didn't actually screw you, the refinishing company did, correct.

Now VW should hold the refinishing company responsible, who they subcontract with???? To fix it correctly, ie replace it.

If they don't then VW dealer isn't supporting you (not vw) Get a lifetime guarantee on the repair.

If the dealer doesn't support you then call VW America and see what they say.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior

Last edited by Carbon Steel; 08-22-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #22
aj_law
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Lugnuts on the dash??!!

Is this real life?
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 120K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip // Black emblems/grille stripes // OEM R Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #23
JSwag420
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '12 CSG DSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_law View Post
Lugnuts on the dash??!!

Is this real life?
When I had new tires put on at Costco once, I watched the tech literally throw his clipboard onto my dash from outside the window and watched it slide across it and slam into the windshield.
JSwag420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #24
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSwag420 View Post
When I had new tires put on at Costco once
That was your first mistake lol
Old 08-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #25
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

So the dealer fixed my dash, it looks okay but what are you gonna do? Wheels look good though. They got rid of the first refinishing company now the new company did a good job. I'll get pics later

I got the Golden Noodle
Old 08-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #26
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
So the dealer fixed my dash, it looks okay but what are you gonna do? Wheels look good though. They got rid of the first refinishing company now the new company did a good job. I'll get pics later
Shake ur noodle at them and then do a burnout.

In4pics

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #27
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

So these are the after pictures, the dash doesn't look that bad in person, I still need to blend it in with some armor all and then it should look better.

https://i.gyazo.com/4acef920e18f6193...9b7b8206a4.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/6d0b81d0899958d7...89cc1aad76.jpg

I got the Golden Noodle

Last edited by Noodle; 08-23-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #28
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
All I see is bird shit.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote