GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
The picture says all COBB products are discounted, I'd assume that includes the AP. Regardless of discount, it's a steal anyway stop being a sissy and get it ordered! ;)

Yep, the AP is included. I just purchased an AP w/flash tune for $585.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The picture says all COBB products are discounted, I'd assume that includes the AP. Regardless of discount, it's a steal anyway stop being a sissy and get it ordered! ;)

I meant cheaper than it already is during the current sale. It just doesn't make sense to have a sale on it and then a couple days later have it on sale for even cheaper. All that'll do is piss off the people that bought it during this sale.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Just ordered me a cobb with tune...£474.

I hope i wont regret this! already forked up £420 on the APR 2 years ago!

lleron

Ready to race!
1-1.5 weeks is normal.

That's still excessive in my opinion, and now it's been almost two weeks with still no response. I know people bash APR about their response time all the time but this seems no different. I need to rely on my car as it's my daily and it's obviously not running correctly right now with radio silence.

lleron

Ready to race!
i thought i was the only one, I've also experience my car stalling, DSG tho. and also feels like its going to stall when im coming to a stop the RPM would drop below 600RPM, ive been monitoring it and so far it hasn't stalled since the first time but the RPM would dip as low as 510RPM. strangely enough it doesn't happen when i flash COBB stage 2 STOCK maf file.

Mine's quite different, it will surge sometimes when starting off in first and second gear (such as from a stop sign), the boost will spike aggressively, and the car will shut off with an EPC light. Everything is fine if I restart the car. I've learned to drive around it, but it's obviously frustrating and doesn't feel smooth in first and second gear. My car is a 6 speed as well.

jeez

Ready to race!
That's still excessive in my opinion, and now it's been almost two weeks with still no response. I know people bash APR about their response time all the time but this seems no different. I need to rely on my car as it's my daily and it's obviously not running correctly right now with radio silence.
Hey man, I get it. You have every right to complain but I think they're inundated with work. Just a theory. I'm in the same boat but my tune is fine mostly.

To troubleshoot your issue in the meantime, try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. See if that helps. If you have VAGCOM, try a DSG adaptation. If that fails, go to the last known good tune you have from them. If that won't work either, uninstall the AP which will effectively send your car back to stock. That will hopefully resolve your issue in the meantime even though the car will be slow. But like you said, you rely on the car.

Just trying to help out, that's what the forum is for.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hey man, I get it. You have every right to complain but I think they're inundated with work. Just a theory. I'm in the same boat but my tune is fine mostly.

To troubleshoot your issue in the meantime, try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. See if that helps. If you have VAGCOM, try a DSG adaptation. If that fails, go to the last known good tune you have from them. If that won't work either, uninstall the AP which will effectively send your car back to stock. That will hopefully resolve your issue in the meantime even though the car will be slow. But like you said, you rely on the car.

Just trying to help out, that's what the forum is for.

Solid Advice.

If your tune is that bad that you are afraid/dont want to drive it in the meantime flash back to a cobb map or stock map and wait till your revision.

Thats the beauty of being able to flash whenever you want however many times you want.

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
I meant cheaper than it already is during the current sale. It just doesn't make sense to have a sale on it and then a couple days later have it on sale for even cheaper. All that'll do is piss off the people that bought it during this sale.

It’s pretty unlikely you’ll get more than 10% discount on new Cobb parts (doubly so for the AP). Protuners also don’t offer discounts on tunes very often either. I’m not selling anything, but the odds are against waiting if you want a discount.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

My apologies for the delay on this. I replied on Friday. If something needs immediate attention please don't hesitate to call our office (https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us)

It’s pretty unlikely you’ll get more than 10% discount on new Cobb parts (doubly so for the AP). Protuners also don’t offer discounts on tunes very often either. I’m not selling anything, but the odds are against waiting if you want a discount.

The COBB parts or products that include COBB parts such as the flash tunes won't go on any further sale. Other things will, but the COBB sale on these parts is as good as it's going to get as prices and sales are dictated by COBB themselves.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's been about 6 months now and my tune is still just as quick and smooth as it was on day 1.

Fuck you APR.

jeez

Ready to race!
How's everyone's WGDC curve look like, out of curiosity? It seems that mine needs to be at 100% in order to make full boost.

But having at 100% all the time might be overworking it, I think I should be able to make full boost with less.

I either have boost loss somewhere or something is restricting me, some flow part maybe?

The thing is I have no boost loss per 2 tests done. So I'm not sure. Or maybe running WGDC at 100% is ok.

Any ideas?

Gino

Ready to race!

jeez

Ready to race!
Is this a 3 gear pull on a manual car?

Gino

Ready to race!
Should have clarified, but yes. 6 speed manual GTI. 3rd gear 2.5k rpm WOT pull with shifting through gears.