GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting a New 2012 GTI

JDR231

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay so I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2012 GTI autobahn 4 door with DSG. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they can transfer in the car and I should hopefully hear back today. Basically the offer is $31,000, not including TTL, plus a $600 trucking fee since it's "out of driving range" according to them. MSRP on the car was $32,760 and invoice is $31,363. Does this sound like a good deal? I would have liked to have got it lower but I didn't think it was all that bad.

BeauG

Ready to race!
Okay so I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2012 GTI autobahn 4 door with DSG. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they can transfer in the car and I should hopefully hear back today. Basically the offer is $31,000, not including TTL, plus a $600 trucking fee since it's "out of driving range" according to them. MSRP on the car was $32,760 and invoice is $31,363. Does this sound like a good deal? I would have liked to have got it lower but I didn't think it was all that bad.

I got a 2011 4dr 6MT Autobahn package and MSRP was around 31,000. I paid 27,500 out the door. That doesn't include tax/title etc because I bought it out of state. Find another VW dealer within "realistic" driving range and tell them that offer, see if they can beat it, bring the offer back to your current dealership and see if they can beat the other dealer etc.

That's how I did mine and I paid WAYY less than "invoice". I had to talk back and forth between the two dealers a couple of times, but it was well worth the phone calls to save a lot of money.

JDR231

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I have been doing but the one dealer thats the closest to me wouldn't do anything lower than invoice and laughed when I asked for $28,500. He wouldn't even counter so I walked out and told him to email me if he came up with a better offer. The other dealer I've been working with has been really helpful tho.

It turns out that one was already spoken for tho so I'm going to end up ordering one. I was told it will be about 3 months but hopefully it goes by quick. I can't wait till it comes in.. I'm really ready to get rid of my car now. Still trying to talk the dealer down even lower tho.

mej

Just curious, but have you considered buying CPO? I picked up a '10 GTI with 12k miles on the clock for less than $24k a few months ago.
Took a bit of searching to find exactly what I wanted, but I did find it...

tuanyes

I am in the same boat. I am looking at 2012 gti's - 4dr DSG autobahn (they arent even on many of the lots here in seattle). I have not been getting very good offers from dealers since they are mainly focused on getting rid of the 2011's. I'm thinking i am going to either have to bite the bullet and get screwed on the price, wait for them to become more readily available, or just get a 2011. Hmmm, decisions decisions

JDR231

Passed Driver's Ed
The problem with getting a 2011 now is that they are almost no autobahns, and the ones that are available are either 2 door or in a color I don't want. So far I've been offered $250 below invoice and including destination so it's about $1k under invoice. Hopefully this dealer comes through but it looks like I'm still going to have to order it.. We'll see what happens tho.

P

plac

The problem with getting a 2011 now is that they are almost no autobahns, and the ones that are available are either 2 door or in a color I don't want. So far I've been offered $250 below invoice and including destination so it's about $1k under invoice. Hopefully this dealer comes through but it looks like I'm still going to have to order it.. We'll see what happens tho.

i was in the same boat.. wanted a 2011 autobahn.. all they had were shitty colors and 2 doors.. but i got lucky and got one fresh off a truck the same day it arrived. only because i had built a relationship with my dealer salesman at that place and he was keeping an eye out for me. his 4 door autobahns usually sell same day. even then, as hot a car as it was, i got $2000 off MSRP if i recall.

tuanyes

just got back from the VW dealer. they quoted me 31,200 not including ttl and i turned it down...i really think i can get a better deal (perhaps closer to 30,000)

tuanyes

update :D

so im getting the car (2012 GTI - Autobahn 4dr DSG Shadow Blue) for about 29,300 (not including TTL). It's not the best deal to be had but i want the car and im basically not the most patient person in the world lol.

I pick up the car tonight and will post some pictures as soon as i get a chance!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
congrats! that price isnt too bad considering its coming hot off the factory floor and is a DSG Autobahn as well.

CrzyP

Ready to race!
so im getting the car (2012 GTI - Autobahn 4dr DSG Shadow Blue) for about 29,300 (not including TTL). It's not the best deal to be had but i want the car and im basically not the most patient person in the world lol.

I pick up the car tonight and will post some pictures as soon as i get a chance!

Nice! I have the exact same on order (4 dr DSG Autobahn Shadow Blue). Can't wait for you to post up pics! I wont get mine until September. Post em up hurry!

JDR231

Passed Driver's Ed
Dang how did you manage that? The dealers around here are barely offering me invoice. And I've emailed like 4 different ones so far. The best I've gotten so far is $500 below. I would kill to get it for $29,300.