GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs G37S w/ mods (no vid)

I have a 370z 3rd gears goes from about 60-92-93 ish. It is a weak gear for the power the car has. For example: a 370z vs a 2004 350z from a 60- mph roll, in 3rd the 370 will only pull about 1 car, a slow pull, in 4th it will pull HARD on a 350z de 5+ cars

stock geared 370 vs 4.08 370z. from 60 to 120 the 4.08 geared 370 will pull 2-3 cars.
Really? From the videos I've seen I thought 2nd went up to almost 70 (like the HR 350) and 3rd 100. That may be why the 370z will pull so little in 3rd, because it's not in the meat of the powerband; whereas the 350de will be in the heart of its powerband from a 60 roll. Try a 70 roll, results will differ ;)

Shorter gearing will definitely make the car accelerate faster, but that's the case for most cars. But it's more substantial in high revving cars with little tq (like the RSX/SI). They gain anywhere from 2-3mph in the 1/4 just from the switch. Obviously Mustangs benefit greatly as well, but their stock gearing is REALLY deep (at least in the older models).

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
that motor is actually incredibly responsive for an NA motor....its is pretty damn close to the responsiveness of a turbo motor...they gain nearly 20whp from an intake...same with exhaust....thats pretty damn responsive

Correct they are very responsive. The guy above obviously hasn't researched mods much. :)

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Really? From the videos I've seen I thought 2nd went up to almost 70 (like the HR 350) and 3rd 100. That may be why the 370z will pull so little in 3rd, because it's not in the meat of the powerband; whereas the 350de will be in the heart of its powerband from a 60 roll. Try a 70 roll, results will differ ;)

Shorter gearing will definitely make the car accelerate faster, but that's the case for most cars. But it's more substantial in high revving cars with little tq (like the RSX/SI). They gain anywhere from 2-3mph in the 1/4 just from the switch. Obviously Mustangs benefit greatly as well, but their stock gearing is REALLY deep (at least in the older models).

The DE was more of a Torque monster vs the HR and 370z engine which are more of revers. They get lots of power above 4k where the DE starts to die in that range.

Vash

Passed Driver's Ed
Correct they are very responsive. The guy above obviously hasn't researched mods much. :)

~35 hp and ~15-20 lb-ft torque for Exhaust, Intake, Headers, and a tune. Yeah, that's responsive. Check out myG37 for some dyno's, along with complaints that the only way to get anything (additional) out of th VQ is FI. Bolt-ons on a VQ are not cost effective when compared to the GTM stillen SC kits.

EvoX1

Ready to race!

we've played around quite a bit on the highway, i never seem to pull very much in 3rd... Top end on these 3.7 motors is very good tho, against a stage 2 2011 sti, i lose a car length in 3rd, and gain my lost ground back in 4th and eventually pull ahead. I've been spoiled by my evo, 3rd gear was very strong, in 3rd alone i would pull 1-2 cars on stage 2 sti.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
~35 hp and ~15-20 lb-ft torque for Exhaust, Intake, Headers, and a tune. Yeah, that's responsive. Check out myG37 for some dyno's, along with complaints that the only way to get anything (additional) out of th VQ is FI. Bolt-ons on a VQ are not cost effective when compared to the GTM stillen SC kits.

Hmm, 38 rwhp is what I gained from Exhaust, Intake, and High flow cats with UPREV tune. People already know headers does nothing on that engine as it already has equal length ones from the factory.

And for a NA powered car getting 38 rwhp from just bolt ons is significant. I have been on the 370z forums and you have people gaining in the 50rwhp from bolt ons only.