GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just installed my Diesel Geek SSK last night

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I'm really liking the kit, hope to get some more driving time this weekend.

The front to back reduction is very dramatic. Before the DG kit, it took deliberate movement of my arm, to row through the gears, after it just takes a flick of the wrist to work the box. Hand position doesn't change just the amount of movement. Personally I can't see myself having issues missing shifts.

Like others have said its notchy, but in a good way. The notchiness is additional confirmation the transmission is in gear. I hated how my shifts from 3rd to 4th were so numb.

That being said I could see why someone would not want to mess with the throws. If you've racked up a bunch of miles on your transmission I could see where it would take some time to get a adjusted, I've only had my car a few months so I'm still getting used to everything.

For those of you that have the DG installed how are your throws? Mine feels like 1st, 3rd, and 5th are noticeably shorter than 2nd, 4th and 6th.

FFAC

Ready to race!
Glad to hear you got it installed without any problems. I agree with you about 1st, 3rd, and 5th being shorter than 2nd, 4th, and 6th. How is stage 2 treating you?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
After a weekend of driving everything has gotten significantly smoother. It's not exactly a performance mod, but I'm loving the SSK just because it changes the daily driving experience so much.

BMWguyw/GTI1

Ready to race!
I agree mine took a month or so to loosen up completely and now it feels awsome.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Seems like the install guide was very detailed - what was the total time on the install?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
The DG site says less than 1 hour for the install, only reason it took me 2 hours because I went really slowly, kept re-reading the instructions. I ended up re-adjusting the end links twice because I didn't tighten one of the hex screws enough during the adjustment portion. If I had to do it again, I'm confident I could do it in half the time.

It really is no more difficult than installing a full intake. Actually having my Carbonio already installed made it much easier access the transmission, since there are only a few steps to remove the Carbonio over the stock intake.

DG has a video showing how to do the adjustment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9ggefOjAE