GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

+++++++2011 GTI AWD DM Stage 3++++++++++

Good Stuff!
What power are you seeing out of that kit? I have the basic same setup from ATP on turbo, and similar supporting parts (minus AWD). But I am still only making about 360/360 at the wheels.

I was there for the Dyno.. It was the same day I was supposed to Dyno mine and Harvey was with me in the car when my DSG failed on a 4th gear pull..

In Beijing we only have 91 AKI fuel, it made 346whp

Harvey_Guo

I was there for the Dyno.. It was the same day I was supposed to Dyno mine and Harvey was with me in the car when my DSG failed on a 4th gear pull..

In Beijing we only have 91 AKI fuel, it made 346whp
You've already answered all the questions, that's many thanks for you~~~

Harvey_Guo

Amazing build. You're not going to make the power you want with the ATP kit because the manifold does not flow well (trust me I have one). I would recommend the CTS gtx3076r or 71. That thing will fly.

Subbed for updates
I think I did the gtx2867r kit too early, APR hasn't had the gtx kit, CTS also hasn't too at that time. The ATP kit is only kit I can find. For now it seems so bad, but that was the only choice I had at that time...
A big possibility to change a new kit next year, maybe some new kits will release then.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I think I did the gtx2867r kit too early, APR hasn't had the gtx kit, CTS also hasn't too at that time. The ATP kit is only kit I can find. For now it seems so bad, but that was the only choice I had at that time...
A big possibility to change a new kit next year, maybe some new kits will release then.

i have the cts gtx3071 kit and it's really nice. the only other option is to build a custom kit.

Kern which hood do you have?

Also, if you could do a kit all over again, which CTS kit would you go for now?

Lastly, did you build out the bottom end with rods, pistons, etc?

I bought the same kit just after kern, then changed my mind and sold it to get my current one when I saw all the trouble Kern was going through, also it meant that I didn't have to open the engine, which too often I have seen ending up in horrors stories, including Harvey's car who blew a piston when he was with the uni tune.

Sure when I see another DM R we have here with the CTS gtx3076 Dyno 460whp on 91aki and doing 1/4 mile in 11.3 with street tires I'm thinking about doing the same..but as a daily I still think my option is better and it's more reliable.

Harvey_Guo

I may think about CTS gtx3071, or APR gtx kit.
For now, my engine is still OEM, actually this car only have 346whp with 91 aki fuel.

kern417

Go Kart Champion

just sold my oem hood and have a carbon fiber one on order. gotta remember i'm in a mk5 though, so i'm not sure if the mk6 has more offerings. i'd like vents like the OP's though.

If I could do it all over again, i'd probably get the same exact kit. I like it a lot and all of the issues i had were user error. basically i didn't block off the 2nd lower wastegate bung, so i was overboosting which lead to blown up intercooler hoses and a broken throttle body. once i fixed that, i connected my n75 and it runs great. boost comes in pretty early and i'm at full boost right around 4k. plenty of midrange so i don't have to worry about downshifting to pass or anything. if anything i would have done this sooner and quit trying to make a stock turbo fast. all the bolt ons in the world and i still couldn't beat a stock 5.0. now i hook better and i'm much faster.

my bottom end is built with IE rods and calico coated bearings. stock pistons, rings, etc. and stock head.

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
just sold my oem hood and have a carbon fiber one on order. gotta remember i'm in a mk5 though, so i'm not sure if the mk6 has more offerings. i'd like vents like the OP's though.

If I could do it all over again, i'd probably get the same exact kit. I like it a lot and all of the issues i had were user error. basically i didn't block off the 2nd lower wastegate bung, so i was overboosting which lead to blown up intercooler hoses and a broken throttle body. once i fixed that, i connected my n75 and it runs great. boost comes in pretty early and i'm at full boost right around 4k. plenty of midrange so i don't have to worry about downshifting to pass or anything. if anything i would have done this sooner and quit trying to make a stock turbo fast. all the bolt ons in the world and i still couldn't beat a stock 5.0. now i hook better and i'm much faster.

my bottom end is built with IE rods and calico coated bearings. stock pistons, rings, etc. and stock head.

Did you re-use the rings after pressing the new rods in? Also, stock head from 09, no issues with valve float?

And Harvey, your car is awesome man!:drinking:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Did you re-use the rings after pressing the new rods in? Also, stock head from 09, no issues with valve float?

And Harvey, your car is awesome man!:drinking:

yep and nope. my understanding is big turbos are less likely to experience valve float. i skipped k04 and went straight to big turbo. either way the motor had 75k when i built the motor and 80k when i put the kit on. so far so good. next year will be the true test since i didn't drive it hard much this year.