GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZNWHIP's 2011 CW Mk6 TDI Build Thread

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
After the Revo, there's definitely more growl that could be heard, which kind of drowned out the sound of the turbo spool.

There was no performance boost with the intakes that I noticed, it's more sound aesthetics. There was a test someone ran on his TDI where he ran it vehicle with no filter at all for zero restriction and dyno was the same as with stock filter, which basically means you're not getting any performance gains out of an intake for a TDI.

As for after the tune, yeah, that made for really beastly sounds and performance.

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
Hey! I love you ride very much. This is my favorite mk6 of them all and I saw you're car in Eurotuner Magazine I think. I really like the rear diffuser, and may get either the carbon one or the abs plastic one. Can you send me the link to it? Thanks

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Hey! I love you ride very much. This is my favorite mk6 of them all and I saw you're car in Eurotuner Magazine I think. I really like the rear diffuser, and may get either the carbon one or the abs plastic one. Can you send me the link to it? Thanks

Thanks. I bought the Rieger parts from TMTuning (www.tmtuning.com) :thumbsup:

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Time for an upgrade :) KW V3

Koni coils will be up for sale after next week when I get these put on.

DannyEva93

firstly great build!! very unique CW TDI :thumbup:

but where did you buy your GTi exhaust? and do you know if it would fit a 1.6?

thanks

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
firstly great build!! very unique CW TDI :thumbup:

but where did you buy your GTi exhaust? and do you know if it would fit a 1.6?

thanks

I got the GTI Exhaust off PandaGTI when he swapped exhausts. You should be able to easily find used ones from all the GTIs swapping exhausts.

Why switching to the v3 coils

Ride quality is improved greatly on V3s IMO over the KONI. I've ran V3s on all my other rides so build quality and confidence was something I trusted impeccably. I'm spun a few mm higher than I want, but I've got killer speed bumps at my work and would seriously damage my skirts if I went any lower :( Almost done with this project though so when I move on, I'll lower it back to max low and retire it for shows.