GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catless question

kern417

Go Kart Champion
We get that, and we're saying that's not the normal way to get the sound you're looking for. i've never heard anyone say exhaust = turbo noise.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
It's that spool down noise he wants that comes through the exhaust. Pretty much the sexiest sound a turbo'd car can make IMO. Almost every car that has a turbo with exhaust has this sound, however I have yet to hear a mk6 make it.... :(

Did the mk5's have a turbo muffler on their ko3's?i think this could be our problem.

Drove behind a 96 Porsche turbo yesterday, with what sounded like cams and exhaust, and omg.... Spoolin up and down all over. Drove with my windows down the whole time. Lol

And again not to be confused with intake noise. That is spool up you hear when boosting. This is a sound that can be heard when in neutral, low rpm revs, no boost.

drepai

Go Kart Champion

I could kinda hear it with my old exhaust setup, straight through with 2 resonators. That setup didn't last me more than a week though... too loud.

Last edited:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
:drool: dude I would kill for that sound in this car! That's sick. SRT4's always did have a pretty mean exhaust note. But Dat spooling...