GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I run a GFB DV+ with a Uni DV Relocate?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
LOL at all of these reasons. The extra 2 ounces in going to totally rip apart your silicone hose.. And the Forge valves from back in the 1.8t days had adjustable springs, which were much harder than the tiny spring in the DV+.

And mechanical vacuum operated valves are great, but nothing beats the speed of electricity...

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
LOL at all of these reasons. The extra 2 ounces in going to totally rip apart your silicone hose.. And the Forge valves from back in the 1.8t days had adjustable springs, which were much harder than the tiny spring in the DV+.

And mechanical vacuum operated valves are great, but nothing beats the speed of electricity...

Yea OEM is quick when its OEM not when there is a secondary spring holding it shut. Also the forge ones had multiple springs to tune it correctly, and the vacuum force is a ton more powerful than the electromagnet. Too heavy spring makes the forge slow too, and way to much flutter since it's not opening.

There may not be much weight added but the is a little and more so the heavy part the electromagnet is pushed outward putting more leveverage on the hose.

You can argue all you want it will never make the dv+ good or work properly. People do tons of stupid mods this is one of them but to each their own.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Has that been proven to be an issue? or is it that it 'could' be an issue?

The DV+ weighs next to nothing.

No proven issues with the DV+, no. However, we have had 2 reported instances of the situation using another heavier billet DV, so just trying to ensure everyone is aware of the potential concern vs. what our kit was designed for.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

I have simply provided one concern. The DV+ assembly weights .35 lbs (5.6 ounces) to be exact. :thumbsup:

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
See my review.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2113362#post2113362

All i know is of my 3 setups, the DV+ made the car run the worst. Now I am a stage 2 Uni Golf R and FSI, but just saying what my findings were on my specific car. Really well made nice piece, but made my car suck. Very odd that the BOV on mine is the best feeling setup.

Its not "for no apparent reason" its because it does not operate like a true dv valve with the extra spring nor as intended.

You want your dv to react as fast as possible with the way the dv+ with the spring its not the case. It relies on boost to physically open thus its slow (its like no hooking up vacuum lines to a pneumatic dv in a sense or putting to heavy springs in it). Then because of that 100% of excess does not pass through it. Both situations is why there is a DV in the first place....

My DV is adjust just enough so that it holds boost and therefore its instant blowoff, it will blow off before the TB is fully closed.

Everyone is free to do what you want Im just putting it out there, I wouldn't use it. If you must use it take the extra spring out so its like a normal dv, but at that point its pointless anyway.

To me a vacuum valve is a better solution which you could use on a relocate situation. At least its fast and will act like a dv should. You will loose the overboost safeguard the oem has but it operates better.

I believe there is a better solution out there if you don't want it to "leak" (maybe a loss of a few hp) but I wont spend the money to figure it out since I don't use electronic anymore anyway.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Wow this is excellent information guys. I added the DV+ because my DV leaked terribly at any sort of boost after stage 2. The DV+ undoubtedly made my car run better and cleaned up the sound notticably. I'm sure the DV relocate will also solve these issues for me so no reason to run both and be redundant.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I am taking no sides, run what you think is best for your GTI, if the hose or something should fail, I hope owners of the relocate with anything "extra" don't start saying the hoses are junk, it only takes one bad event for everyone to start thinking there's will fail as well

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i ran that setup also. worked great for the short time i used it. made my blow-off sound crisper and faster when i added the relocation kit.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
I've got the Uni DV relocate, then got the DV+ part, been running it since this past summer, haven't really notice any difference. But it's too cold for me to do any tinkering on my car, so it'll say on at least until it's warm, or shit's the bed for some reason.