GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tail lights coding help: reverse light not working

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Incandescent or led. 921 is the size. DeAutokey sells a kit with resistors to prevent bulb out error.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Update: Its definitely the coding. I went to the garage and disconnected my inner left light and when I turned the car on I got a bulb out msg and light. I plugged it back in after turning off the car and started it again. No bulb out light and msg. I once again tried it out and everything works fine beside the reverse lights.
Not sure what I should do next..
That has nothing to do with your reverse light not working. You got a bulb out error when you pulled the light out because, well, there is a bulb out because the lack of a tail light. You stated that before you coded to 21, your reverse lights didn't work also. That means your reverse bulb is not working. Or since you bought your led used, maybe the reverse bulb is missing all together. I would code it back to 20(stock code) and verify if reverse bulb is working or not. If not, then take the inner lights out, see if reverse bulb is there. Replace reverse bulb with new ones. Then try again. If all good, code back to 21 to clear bulb out. Verify if reverse bulb still works.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Incandescent or led. 921 is the size. DeAutokey sells a kit with resistors to prevent bulb out error.

Try flipping them 180 to see if they are polarized, if it is not lighting up, it could be a bad bulb or a fuse..

But our reverse LED is a quick fix - the resistors are easy and install in seconds:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

DIY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuX_dXxZjLE

And they are BRIGHT - this is a photo of an older model, the new model in this kit are 5x brighter with 10 of the latest technology in CREE LEDs:

MyStro023

Ready to race!
That has nothing to do with your reverse light not working. You got a bulb out error when you pulled the light out because, well, there is a bulb out because the lack of a tail light. You stated that before you coded to 21, your reverse lights didn't work also. That means your reverse bulb is not working. Or since you bought your led used, maybe the reverse bulb is missing all together. I would code it back to 20(stock code) and verify if reverse bulb is working or not. If not, then take the inner lights out, see if reverse bulb is there. Replace reverse bulb with new ones. Then try again. If all good, code back to 21 to clear bulb out. Verify if reverse bulb still works.

It either this or you got suckered with poor wiring on your tails. I'm beginning to wonder if they really are OEMs if bad wiring is the case.