GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 stock turbo runs 11's new 1/4 record

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
M&H 24.5x8.5 Slicks

Me is willing to bet that these tires mounted to an MK6 GTI with equal mods would allow our gen to achieve a similar time as well.

Not on a stock turbo, no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
Fastest k04 time, with slicks, is like 11.6 or 11.8, right on par with the mk7. Such a sweet platform. Can't wait to get one in a year or so.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I would hope the Mk6 GTI would be able to run very low 12s with a similar setup? Please don't tell me it would be a full second behind the MK7 with equal mods in the above scenario!?

Mk6 stage 2 is about 260hp

Mk7 stage 2 is about 350hp

And the mk7 weighs 300lbs less.

And has a proper differential...

It's a different animal man. Better in every way than the mk6. Besides price lol.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Stage 2 mk6 should run low 13s

Did a bit of research, and coming from this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44991

It looks like the lowest Mk6 GTI on a stock turbo 1/4m time is mid 12s! (See, the time below.) Additionally, it looks to be a similar setup too.

100 Octane Fuel
Some Weight Reduction via seat/tire removal
ECU Tune, DSG Tune
Drag Radials up front.

and the result is, 12.657@107.50!!

Last edited:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Did a bit of research, and coming from this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44991

It looks like the lowest Mk6 GTI on a stock turbo 1/4m time is mid 12s! (See, the time below.) Additionally, it looks to be a similar setup too.

100 Octane Fuel
Some Weight Reduction via seat/tire removal
ECU Tune, DSG Tune
Drag Radials up front.

and the result is, 12.657@107.50!!

That's nearly a full second behind MK7 times lol

Fastest k04 time, with slicks, is like 11.6 or 11.8, right on par with the mk7. Such a sweet platform. Can't wait to get one in a year or

DON'T FORGET TO GET THE LIGHTING PACKAGE. It's awesome value and I kick myself everyday for not getting it.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
.8 to be exact, lol.

and, perhaps the 12.6 run wasn't optimal?! I'm definately overstretching, but there is the slim possibility that the K03 could run a 12.3 or 12.4!!

Actually it's .9 since the MK7 stock turbo record is 11.7. Source: https://www.facebook.com/APRMotorsport/posts/10153115250265356

If it hasn't done it now chances are slim to drop over .3 of a second without some big changes. The claim that a MK6 with similar mods will run the same times is unrealistic at best, and absolutely absurd at worst.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
The claim that a MK6 with similar mods will run the same times is unrealistic at best, and absolutely absurd at worst.

The same time of 11.7 on the K03 with similar mods, I will agree IS unrealistic, but I suspected that you still misunderstand my original post. For clarity, please note that I did state a 'similar time' which doesn't mean the 'same time.'

My argument was that the MK6 GTI could get closer down into the low 12s on the stock turbo. And, by rereading above, I was much closer than folks estimated with similar mods to the posted Mk7. Above, a user stated the K03's best time was low 13s, and that is not correct according to slips posted on this very forum. And, also with that time of 12.6, we dont know if conditions were optimal. Just sayin' :)

Last edited:

eclipseguy

Ready to race!
Mk6 maybe could get close but with stock turbo I'll never hit the 114mph trap speed