GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your opinion on the start of my build!

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
I do with Cobb + stratified for the tune, the turbo back is way more pricey than it should be. Cts has it for 1149.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Bin the APR map and go Stratified/COBB. See what deals you can get from Stratified on an exhaust too. I'd try just a downpipe by itself first to save you some $$. As far as intakes, the APR is really expensive, you can get others for way less

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Wouldn't go with any of those options, unless you really want the valved exhaust.

Can save money and get better options with:
AWE Tuning turboback
Your choice of stage 2 software
Skip the DV+ and throw a OEM Rev D in, if not already
Integrated Engineering or Unitronic intake

CHerna

Ready to race!
Pretty solid so far, but like others have mentioned, consider a Cobb AP + Stratified combo. Stratified makes some great tunes, and have excellent customer service. With the AP, you can monitor and data log. The AP can also read trouble codes.

Personally, I'd go with the CTS Turbo-back for less money. In my opinion, valved exhaust is just a ploy to sell you hardware you don't need.

The DV+ is a solid investment. I have one on my car.

Regarding intake, the APR is nice looking, but you can get the IE intake or similar. my IE is great quality. These are much louder than the APR, bonus if you care about aesthetics.

Last edited:

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Well what do you want from your car? Based on your list the noises it makes are important to you.

A downpipe would be a great start along with a stage 2 tune. Granted your tires are up to the task of putting more power to the ground.

I'm not sure how I feel about shipping ur ECU. I'd rather flash in my garage with unitronic uniconnect. Not a fan of the Cobb access port. Not that it's bad I just don't prefer the extra gear and it hogs the odb2 port.

After that you should look at CAI I really like Unitronic or Integrated Engineering. The apr ones can turn yellow after awhile. The flutter noises sound good.

Anyways after adding power mounts would be a good pick to reduce wheel hop and torque steering. The 034MS recommendation is solid. I would get street density of you're going to DD. Also the deadset kits are very good.

Depending on where you live if it gets hot a FMIC is a solid investment to give your car more endurance and not just a 1 pull pony.

Based on where you drive if you want extra suspension bits 034ms again makes a solid rsb which is designed to be used with stock fsb. If you need more you could go 28/24 sway combo front and rear H&R are popular. You could go as far as braces and custom control arms and end links as well. Up to u.

Brakes. The brake stiff kit is nice. And depending on ur application you might want to go the bbk route.

Exhaust I always feel are show off peices but deep down I might just be jealous.

If you have any plans for big turbo just go straight into it. Don't baby setup into it. Its important to know what you want from the car before you start modding. DD vs weekend track monster vs slammed and camber you should have an end goal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
Not a fan of the Cobb access port. Not that it's bad I just don't prefer the extra gear and it hogs the odb2 port.

If you did a bit of research you'd know that the AP only needs plugging in to send a map to the ECU. People only keep it mounted on the dash as a boost gauge / up to 6 data feeds of their choosing..

Noodle1

Ready to race!
If you want to buy my apr intake let me know haha

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
As others have said, I would pick a different intake...BSH and IE come to mind for similar money, you get a more complete kit. Stage 1 tune is great, and I've had great experience with APR but I would find a local tuner to port flash vs removing the ECU. Shopping around for downpipes/catbacks can save you a bunch of money. I wouldn't bother with the DV unless yours is acting up. My next suggestion would be a good subframe mount and lower control arm bushings.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I love when people call a few mods a "build" lol... if you're gonna put rods in, do some serious modding, etc it's a build otherwise it's just a mod list imo.