GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR map switching Golf R

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
I have APR software for now. But I hear that the HPA Software allows for different Fuel Octane and it adjust automatically all you do is go from Pump/Race gas and the tune changes for the higher oct. gas.

Hopefully this is true and I will gladly switch as soon as I save some more $$$$ Modding can get expensive rather quickly.

Big fat bologna sandwich, it doesn't adapt any more or less than all of the other tunes.

HPA seems to be suckering a lot of people with this lie, I've seen multiple people buy their tune for this reason.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Actually all tunes "adapt" if you have a 93 file and run 91 pump, your engine will "adapt" I.E. retard different parameters such as fuel, timing, etc... so in theory, ALL tunes adapt automatically.

Retro1

Ready to race!
What is the story with space limitations? Fact or fiction?

Fiction. I know for a fact that GIAC AND Revo have switchable tunes in Europe as well..

My gut tells me that they just wanted to move on to other projects and their excuse was that there's not that much space.

(Even though it's the same ECU as the MKV's .. which even APR has done switching on <_<).

Actually all tunes "adapt" if you have a 93 file and run 91 pump, your engine will "adapt" I.E. retard different parameters such as fuel, timing, etc... so in theory, ALL tunes adapt automatically.

Precisely.

But.. there IS a difference (not saying it's huge, but it's there) between having
  • Pump gas Stage 1 file with intake and downpipe
  • Pump gas Stage 2 file with intake and downpipe

Not to mention that APR/REVO/Unitronic turn off the CEL associated with catless downpipes and high flow cats.

Big fat bologna sandwich, it doesn't adapt any more or less than all of the other tunes.

HPA seems to be suckering a lot of people with this lie, I've seen multiple people buy their tune for this reason.

Didn't someone with HPA Stage 1 dyno their car on a dynojet and gained like.. 22whp? lolwatt.jpg

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Didn't someone with HPA Stage 1 dyno their car on a dynojet and gained like.. 22whp? lolwatt.jpg

When that individual added a Carbonio it was so adaptive it gained 1 horsepower :)

That John Guy - If you think HPA has a secret modification that they do to the MED17 to get it to adapt to all octane (87-100+) this is over your head. They would essentially have to rewrite the EMS from scratch to add a new function to identify octane ratings and have it work seamlessly. Right now its able to adjust based off of favorable conditions against its base load request (modeled EGT, closed loop lambda, IAT, etc...), this is all common knowledge.. Thanks for letting me know. HPA would have to have a greater expertise than Bosch themselves.

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
I haven't asked how that Dyno install in the new place went recently, have I? HA HA Thomas how is that 2+ and 2++ file coming along?

Little bird says you will be working on a certain stage 3 file here in the near future :)

Just for you :thumbup: