GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Golf R Cat-back?

vw_König

Ready to race!
I hope the tips won't stick out as much in real life :) Can't wait to order mine

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Still waiting, any ideas when the TBE will be released?

DaButcher

Ready to race!
why couldnt they do a similar bypass design for the gti? if not arround the mufflers atleast arround the resonator.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
why couldnt they do a similar bypass design for the gti? if not arround the mufflers atleast arround the resonator.
Because the R is already plumbed for it?

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Hey guys, the Turbo back and Cat back systems are currently in production. Lamb is correct, the Golf R is already plumbed for a valve actuator, and the GTI is not.

Thanks,

Csg_r

Ready to race!
Question to spm. I am thinking about switching out my current 42dd tbe (catted and resonator) to other catback. Initially I got adapter from 42dd that can mate from 42dd dp to apr catback. It's a piece of 3" (OD) straight pipe with a flange on one end to connect to the final flange on the 42DD DP.*I am wondering if I can mate spm ezhaust to the adapter??

Here is the picture..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
no you'll need a vband connector to fit. either weld a vband to that or weld a bolt on adapter to the spm one.

Csg_r

Ready to race!
no you'll need a vband connector to fit. either weld a vband to that or weld a bolt on adapter to the spm one.

Ah I see. For some reason apr exhaust uses vband as well but I guess I am wrong. Thank you for your help. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
vband is way better. i converted my apr catback to vband connections. it wouldn't be too hard to have an exhaust shop modify the adapter to work.