GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top speed stock gti 2.0?

md101010

before i had the limiter removed the car hit 126mph but after modifying the ecu to only remove the speed limiter and when floored the throttle is 100% the car hit 151mph.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
125 was my highest so far. I backed off at that point. Almost double the speed limit on the Parkway lol.

Someone from my neck of the woods haha, best spot for top speed runs around here is leaving Manhattan in the middle of the night from the holland tunnel and doing a top speed run up the two lane bridge (two lanes both ways with a 5' tall NJ barrier) between 14b and 14a going west on the turnpike extension. Nowhere for anyone to sit. Full visibility in front and behind you, nothing to worry about cars going the other way because of the barrier there. And it's uphill so you really get to see what kind of power your vehicle or bike can put down

Last edited:

CyrexNZ

Ready to race!
Late to the party, but I've hit 136 (according to the Speedo) on my stock GTI (DSG) on 93 Octane fuel. Felt very "floaty" due to a whole lot of nothing creating much down force on our cars.

Got their pretty easily though! Granted, the "fastest" thing I've driven at speed before my GTI was a stock '06 Scion tC... So getting their "pretty easily" is VERY subjective.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
You can always tell when a generation of GTI has dipped under the $15k threshold by the perpetuation of these top speed threads.

thats real good

StrigaMort

Ready to race!
Lots of variation in this thread. I got 120 the other day on the 101 (according to the MFI anyway) before my anger was overwhelmed by the idea of going to jail, 'cause hell no.

I did take my modified f-150 (svt lightning/500hp) to 161. Fast, but a little too exciting. And that's from a guy that's jumping out of a perfectly good airplane in 2 weeks and rides a sport bike. :)

2010 GTI 6mt, Autobahn, APR Stage 1 tune, Freakishly Clean

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
What I'd really like to know is what the theoretical top speed is. Meaning, how fast is it capable of going with the gearing it has. What speed will it be at in 6th gear and at fuel cutoff. I recently had stage 1 installed (ECU flash) and had it at 140mph before I came up on traffic. My car wasn't slowing down either.

~180 mph depending on where your redline is at. This car is shaped like a small minivan so I'd say it'll never get there without some serious power due to drag.